Pioneeer Elite 43tx vs Denon 2803

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Schrall_Danny, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Schrall_Danny

Fellas, I am torn between these two receivers. I can purchase them for similar prices, but I sincerely don't know which one in the long term will be more pleasing to me. I am aware of the 45tx and its capababilities, but I can't justify the added expenses, when I can calibrate my system manually with 45$ spl meter.

2. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

Balancing channel levels is only part of the MCACC in the 45TX. It also has an automatic, two mode built-in equalizer with tuning to George Martin's Air Studios. The 43 & 45 also share the same service manual and in the contrast the 45 contains many additional parts that the 43 doesn't, and all of those aren't just to drive the USB port [​IMG]. If you want multi-room/multi-source capabilty then that would be another reason to get the 45, as well.

In the end though the auto MCACC is worth the couple hundred extra dollars, IMO.

Between the two you mentioned though, it is a tough call. The 43TX does give you manual EQ adjustments, but the 2803 is a very nice receiver for a unit in its price range. If you don't need more than 4 digital inputs, the EQ would give the edge to the Pioneer, IMO.

Good luck,

DJ

3. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Second Unit

I would get the 45 from pioneer. sweet machine.

4. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

I have to agree I would go with the 45TX. You should be able to find it for about $100-$150 more then the 43TX. The Auto MCACC is pretty incredibe feature and easily worth the money. Also everyone says that the features are the same well I have a feeling the 45TX has a lot more then the 43TX. Look at the weight the 45TX weighs a good 10lbs more then 43TX which usually means better amps and a more solid build.

Steve

5. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

I was looking at these two when I bought my 2803. It was cheaper here then the 43tx, and way cheaper than the 45tx. Since you asked about the 43tx and the 2803, I would say the 2803. I like mine alot.

6. JamieS

JamieS Stunt Coordinator

Check out the NAD T752 which should be close to the same price range. It is only 5.1 but for sound and power it is a notch above the Pioneer and Denon. Not as feature rich but if sound is what is #1 you really should listen to it.