What's new

Pio Elite 45TX and bi-amp? (1 Viewer)

James-Pledge

Auditioning
Hey everyone, I'm hoping some of the 45TX owners on the forum can check their menu options and give me some quick feedback.

I have been looking for a receiver and picker this one (on order) because you could reassign the rear channels to bi-amp the front. I have read numerous posts on this forum indicating it could be done and read a review on the Eurpean version saying it could be done (calles 2011 in Eur I believe). I also could swear I downloaded the 45TX manual off the Pioneer website to confirm the reassigning could be done.

Well, now that I have bought the receiver I read in another forum that only the 43TX and 47TX support this feature. I again downloaded the manual and see it's NOT in there now (maybe I was reading the 43TX manual and assuming it was the same?). It only indicates the multizone options.

Have other people done the same as me and assumed since the 43TX has it and the Euro version does, so does the 45TX? Or is it a manual omission and it actually does have this feature but isn't mentioned?

James USAF

Agent
this isn't going to help you any...

I have the 45tx but use the 6th and 7th channel as rear back surrounds. I have read threads here and at www.avsforum.com about this biamping. I have read the same as you have (the 43 and 47 supporting it)...but some folks claim that the 45 does as well. It is just not documented (apparently). However...even though some say it is possible...I have yet come across instructions on how to get it to work...therefore I am inclined to say it is not possible (until someone ponies up the instructions).

Did this help you any...probably not and I am sorry for wasting your time :D

Just curious...what speakers are you using with your 45tx? Also...how do you think it sounds?

James-Pledge

Auditioning
I actually don't have it yet. I have Mirage OM-10's. From what I have heard the 45TX will sound fine but I just wanted to experiment with the bi-amp feature to see how it worked.

You answer does help though, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread