Pio. 510 Power supply buzzing

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Tom D, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Tom D

Tom D Stunt Coordinator

Hello all, has anyone experienced a buzzing from there sets coming from the power supply, especially when scenes with hi contrast is present. Vertical lines are also bending. 4 to 3 frame also bends. Caps in pwr. supply have been replaced. Thanks for any help.

Regards, Tom

2. John S

John S Producer

There have been reports of such issues being caused by a somewhat weak power supply.

3. Tom D

Tom D Stunt Coordinator

I was hoping it would be in the agc circuit. Is there a fix for this other than swapping out the power supply board?

Thx. Regards, Tom

4. John S

John S Producer

I'm surprised no Elite owners have posted in on this.

I really don't know, I just know I have read about the weak power supply being the culprit on this one, more than a few times.

5. Tom D

Tom D Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Jon. When the set was newer, before the noise problem, the set would hold the geometric lines straight and i didn't notice any blooming. I even tested the ps with the VE and avia tests. You couldnt bend the vertical line if you wanted. Even the black levels seemed to be deeper. Techs that have come out look at the picture, see a picture and say something silly and leave. THX for the help. You know there is a problem when the wife mentions the annoying buzz. In any event I removed the ps board and replaced the caps in it. But alas the noise and picture bloom are still present. i was hoping to find someone with a similar problem and find out what the fix was.

Thanks for your help Jon.

Regards, Tom