What's new

Pio 1014tx + JBL E series, anyone? (1 Viewer)

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Anyone run a 1014tx with a JBL Eseries setup?

I am trying to wait it out on the 1015tx (for the 3rd comp only really and wouldn't even use it much).

Getting tougher to wait becasue my wife wants to get me the receiver for our anniver and my bday (1st week march).
Doesn't look like 1015 will be at the $400 mark till June (may not hit street until then).

Anyway, just wodnering if anyone is running the 1014 with the JBLs and how you like it.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Does your current Pionner mate well with these speakers???

Generally, I have Pioneer owners go with brighter speakers than these is all.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Actually, they sound ok as long as I have loudness turned on. Amps in the 811 are VERY thin sounding without it (very common complaint with 811 and everyone who I have seen with them runs it with loudness on).

I am not a huge fan of the "bright" sound myself, and have heard the 1014 is on the warm side (as are my JbL's) which is why I am asking who has the combo.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Pioneer VSX-1014TX
JBL EC35 center
JBL E100 Mains (2)
JBL E90 Rear (2)
JBL E60 Rear surrounds (2)
SVS PB12-Plus/2 Subwoofer
Sony 55WF655 LCD RPTV
Toshiba 4800 DVD player (soon to be upgraded to Sony 975 or some such )

Comming attractions
2 more 90s for RS
Pioneer ELITE VSX56TXi receiver (after only a month or so)

I do like how it sounds. . . Great energy, awesome BASS. . . I just upgraded everything and bought the 1014 for temp duty untill I get my 56 which should be mid March along with 2 more 90s. . . I cant say enough about how much energy there is now for HT. . Music is fine but my focus with this system is movies.

Music is left to my Vintage gear which I change like my underware. . .

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

I had the JBL E30s and E20's paired with my 1014TX for a few weeks before I decided to go with a Paradigm setup. I think the JBL E series is a great bang for the buck and the E30's really are nice sounding speakers. IMHO, I think the JBL E series mates very well with the Pio 1014TX.

LloydM

Agent
My setup consists of:

Pioneer 1014
Jbl-Ec35
Jbl-E30's
Jbl-E10's
Sony-Wm40 coming soon....SVS-PCI 20-39

I am very pleased the with sound of the speaker/receiver combo. I just wish that I could figure an easier way to adjust the individual db of the speakers. I guess that I need to read the manual again...

Lloyd

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Well, thats the 3rd forum member who had the VSX-811 and mentioned that they needed to listen with the loudness function on. I believe that at least one of the forum members have the 1014TX now and mentioned he doesn't need to have the loudness function on anymore.

I have heard the JBL E series to be described as neutral to ever so slightly bright. I thin they are somewhat brighter than the Paradigms Atoms I have and are a good match for the Pio 1014TX.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I might call the LBLs "Forward" but I wouldnt call them "Bright" As I mentioned they do convey tons of energy.

My thinking is that they are on the clean forward side of nuetral. . . exactly what I was after for HT. . . Maybe mine are warmer because of their size? ? ? But I wanted all towers, no stands. . .

Up untill last week I was using a mixture of vintage speakers and although it sounded great (I thought) now it sounds exactly like I want it to sound. A very pleasant surprise. I expected energy but I did not expect the sound quality to be as good as it is.

For the money, providing you take advantage of the deals (J&R for one) like I did and get them all for less than half price you cant beat them. I have less than 1500 bucks total excluding the sub and thats a bargain for what I have.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Yes, I am VERY happy with my JBL setup. Will be eve more happy when I set up my 4 surrounds this weekend.

I thought the JBLs were considered warm as opposed to bright? Whatever you want to call them, the $650 I paid for a full 7 setup makes me VERY happy.

Common knowledge that the PIO 811 needs to have the loudness on no matter what. One of the many reasons I am replacing it.

Apprecaite the opinions fellas' Now just to decide to get the 1014 or wait it out for the 1015 to come out and hit same $400 price point. That will be REALLY tough :-(

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Get it now and enjoy it while you can. I doubt the 1015 will sell as low. . . If I were Pioneer I think I would at least jack it up 50 bucks after the 1014s success. . I bet it would sell like crazy at 100.00 more. Actually the 1014 is way too cheap. . . I mean for what you get and how well it performs.

Shine her up, put an ELITE name on her (52TX) and get 350.00 more. . .

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I sold my VSX45TX sooner than I thought and since it will be mid to late March before I get my 56TXi Elite I decided to buy the 1014 for temp use. I am glad I did. Now I am in no big hurry. However I have funds earmarked for the new receiver and it completes my complete upgrade.

PM me in early March I just might make you a super deal on a like new 1014. . . I will either sell it or move it to the bedroom and I think that might be too much sugar for a dime. . . I know me well enough that I cant go there. . . I wouldnt be satisfied untill I had a full blown HT system in there too and that I can not afford. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks