"Pinpoint" LED lights for stairs - sources?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by KrisPfeiffer, Aug 24, 2004.

1. KrisPfeiffer

KrisPfeiffer Extra

Hi.

It's been a while, but this fall I'll finish the last bit of the Home Theatre - the steps!

Anyhow, I was in a home at the local "Parade of Homes" and saw these pinpoint LED lights installed in the stairs. I think they were LED, at least. Each light was flush-mounted, and the plate was about the size of a dime. Each had a single solitary white light that was aimed down at the surface on the stair. Has anybody seen these? Any ideas as to where I can find them?

Kris

2. Demetrius

Demetrius Agent

Kris,

They could be Fiberoptic which is something I am thinking about for the HT I am working on currently. I haven't seen LED lights in that application before but that doesn't mean that they couldn't be LEDs.

3. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

try also Berkley Point's Microstar

It's a single LED that takes a 12vDC feed. They have a number of other things, too, but that's the closest thing to your criteria. Only problem is it's about $16/each.

Leo Kerr

4. robko44

robko44 Auditioning

You could do this with fiberoptic lighting and it would make it very simple and if you used an LED illuminator it would be zero maint also. If you go this route you could add a color wheel and have it rotate thru a series of colors.