Pinnacle v. Axiom v. Streem

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Jay_Via, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Jay_Via

Jay_Via Stunt Coordinator

hey all, im lookin to put together a new home theater system and need a little bit of help. Im looking to get a pair of main's and possibly a sub as well. I could have up to $1500 to spend.

I listened to the Pinnacle BD-1000s at a local dealer and was blown away by how incredible they sounded....i was very, very impressed. Looks like i can get a pair for about $850. However, i was intrigued by the repeated glowing reviews of the Axiom M60s as well, for about the same price range. The Streems i just recently came across and are considerably cheaper than the other 2, however i dont know if they are in the same class with Pinnacle and Axiom.

what do you guys think? like i said, im just looking for main's right now, possibly a sub (the Pinnacles put out a very nice amount of bass, but im a sucker for getting a sub for that really heart stopping bass [​IMG] )

What do you guys think? thanks!!

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Personally, looking at the Streem website, I would avoid these speakers. They have an aire of White Van speakers

3. Jay_Via

Jay_Via Stunt Coordinator

why do you say that John? im not doubting you, just curious is all. They are sponsored by HTF and linked off of this forum....

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I've never seen a link for, or even heard of these speakers for that matter, here and I've been on this forum for years. They may very well be good, just being on the cautious side, and I've heard speakers from both of the other companies you mentioned.