What's new

Pinnacle Speakers, any opinions? (1 Viewer)

Adam_R

Second Unit
I posted this earlier to the Basics area and didn't get much response. I'm fairly new to HT and was looking for some honest opinions on my gear, my speakers in particular. I haven't seen much talk about the Pinnacle products. Maybe I haven't dug deep enough yet. Please let me know if you have much knowledge of the Pinnacle line and if you think my setup is decent.
Denon AVR-3802
Fronts: Pinnacle AC650's
Center: Pinnacle AC Widescreen Center
Surrounds: Pinnacle AC400's
Sub: SVS 20-39PCi (currently in transit on a UPS truck!)
I've had the speakers for a few years now, and had them running off a crummy old under-powered Pioneer Pro-Logic receiver. I just got the Denon a week ago, and the speakers have come alive! I'm wondering if they are really that good, or I'm just used to a weak receiver. Thanks.:D

Jim J

Second Unit
Hi Adam, welcome to the forum!

I am a fan of Pinnacle. I had the the AC600s, which are nearly the same as your 650s, slightly different cabinet dimensions, higher x-over point, and magnetically shielded. I had them for a few years myself, until I recently switched to Michauras (3 pairs for less than $300!).

I also had the widescreen center. I have 2 pairs (one set I loaned to my mother) of AC400s.

Pinnacle seems to always get good reviews in the magazines, for what that's worth.

I think they are very good for the price. I'd lay them against the usual suspects like PSB, paradigm, etc.

I didn't like the integration in my room/set-up between my AC600s and the WS Center. I went phantom and liked it better. You'd think a good match since both speakers have the same x-over of 4kHz. but the tweets are different.

Hopefully you are getting better results in your front soundstage, it sounds like it.

Enjoy the Denon!

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
I'm using 4 Classic Gold Mini-Monitors for surrounds (in a 7.1 system). They sound great. I tried them as mains when I got them and they seemed good at that as well.

Rob

Adam_R

Second Unit
Thanks to all for the responses!

I need to clear up what Pinnacles I have. I orginally posted from work, so I was mistaken. I've had these speakers for so long, I forgot the model #s. They are no longer made except for the center. Here's the correct models:

Center: AC Widescreen Center
Fronts: P6+ (6 and a halfs with one inch dome tweets)
Surrounds: AC500's (5 and a quarters with one in dome tweets)

Thanks again!

Jim J

Second Unit
I never did see documentation for the P models.

Sounds like they could be either similiar or re-badged AC600s or AC650s. The AC500s are between the 400s and 600/650

600/650 6.5" woof and 3/4" tweet
500 5+" woof 3/4 tweet
400 4+" woof 3/4 tweet

I think the WS center has a 1 1/4" soft dome. I know it doesn't look like the one in the 600 or 650 or 400.

But I think the general recommendations stand

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I still use my Pinnacle PN6+'s in my HT setup as the main speakers. My sub is the SVS 25-31CS+. Center channel is a Cambridge Soundworks Center Plus and my rear surrounds are old Advent Ind/Outdoor speakers that work really well.
The Pinnacle's work fine in a Home Theater. They have a sweet sound for an inexpensive speaker.
Plus their made right here on Long Island, NY!
Enjoy!
JohnG:)

Adam_R

Second Unit
Hey John! I'm from Long Island. I now live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida, but I grew up in Northport! Small world. Especially on the Internet! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks