Pinnacle Quantums. Love the way they look. How do they sound? Help!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luis M, Nov 10, 2001.

1. Luis M

Luis M Second Unit

I see pinnacle speakers are not very popular around this forum, I couldn't even find anything about them on the SEARCH feature. There is what I think to be a new line out called "Pinnacle Quantum" they look beautiful but sound is what I care about the most. Does anybody out there have them or have heard the system? I am planning on getting the 5 speakers set up for hometheater but have no store in the area that carries them. I live in Miami. If anybody knows of an E-tailer, please let me know. they would look great with my tv. thank you.

2. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

I've been a Pinnacle owner for the last 9 years !!..I've had two different sets of lines, the AC series in my younger days and then upgraded to the Gold series....You might want to check www.800.com they started carrying pinnacle.....They're are not a huge company and you get a lot of speaker for the money, but now a days they're getting too fancy and want to compete with the big boys, and that might drive there prices up. Also, there customer services is great. www.pinnaclespeakers.com

3. JohnEF

JohnEF Stunt Coordinator

I have an all Pinnacle speaker system (2 front gold reference towers, 2 gold reference mini's for the rear, a centerwide center and a 250 watt Pinnacle subwoofer and I have been generally satisfied. I am thinking of upgrading the sub-woofer to an SVS and the center to a gold reference center. I find the 2 fronts and rears more than satisfactory, especially for the price.
    You might check with Medical Video systems (they advertise on Big Picture DVD - http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com/bignews.shtml but call them (Medical Systems).
    I should also mention that Pinnacle is a family owned business. I live near their business on Long Island and stopped by to pick up an order and the person I spoke to was the Mom of the boys who are running things!

4. Jimmy Kilgour

I haven't heard the Quantums yet,but like the last 2 posters I'm a very satisfied Pinnacle owner (Aerogel towers,Mini Center,and Baby Boomer sub).If you can't find them locally,I believe they sell their products factory direct- check their website.

5. PeteG

PeteG Agent

I see pinnacle has two new series the platinum & quantum. I’ve been very happy with
    mine, (Towers,Standards,Gold Center and Gold Surrounds for back rear). I haven’t heard
    the two new lines but don’t think you can go wrong with any of them. Plus there very easy
    to drive.
    JohnEF, you will be very happy with the Gold Center, it don’t go real low (and it’s not
    made to) but it moves some air. My front three are seamless.
    -Pete
    ------------------
    DVD Profiler

6. Luis M

Luis M Second Unit

I e-mailed them and they responded today (sunday) and told me that they are contacting retailers since these are brand new speakers, so I guess I will have to wait for a while to take a listen. thank you for your response.