Pinnacle "baby boomer" subwoofer clearance/placement?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve & Karen, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Steve & Karen

Steve & Karen Stunt Coordinator

I bought a Pinnacle "Baby Boomer" subwoofer for home theater set-up that is slowly getting together. This model has 2 x 8" woofers firing out left and right sides in a bi-pole configuration from the 10" cube enclosure...
    http://www.pinnaclespeakers.com/babyboom.htm
    Due to multi-use room considerations the subwoofer has to go floor level in a bookcase underneath the front speakers (Paradigm Studio 40s/CC)... and I have questions about placement and clearance.
    What is the minimum okay clearance on Left & Right (where the sound comes out) sides of this dual Sub. The Sub needs to go into a built-in (attached to firmly to wall) bookcase. Since Sub is about 10" if the space is 16 inches wide that would have 3" on either side... is that okay, or too little... again... what is minimum clearance that works for a sub...?
    Thanks,
    -Steve

2. Steve & Karen

help... help with subwoofer placement problem per above... help... anybody...?

3. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Steve,

I think that you would be just fine with 3" of clearance on either side. Those drivers aren't going to move enough air to really cause a problem for you.

Brian

4. Steve & Karen

thanks Brian... anybody else...?