What's new

Pinnacle AC 500 (1 Viewer)

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
I have been addicted to this forum for the past few weeks now.....and I seem to be catching the upgraditis that I have heard so much about. But of course the bills have to be paid and debts have to be settled, so until that time I will just have to wait. In the meantime I will admire all of the awesome set ups I have seen on these forums.

On to my question. I was at Fry's Electronics the other day and saw a pair of Pinnacle AC 500 speakers for sale at an attractive price. I wanted to do a little research on these speakers before I impulsed my way into regret. I have not been able to find much information on these particular speakers. The rest of the Pinnacle line has plenty of info, but the AC 500's seem to be the lost model. Or such crappy speaker that nobody wants to mention it.

Any information would be helpful in my quest to slowly build up a suitable movie viewing area. I am too far away from a home theater setup at this time.

Thanks in advance and I truly love this place!

Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,
Welcome to the forum! I own 3 pairs of older model Pinnacle speakers (models PN5+ and PN6+) and really enjoy them (these are all in two-channel systems). They are bookshelf speakers, close in size to the AC-500s, and sound tonally well-balanced with excellent detail and a reasonable low end (considering that they are bookshelf speakers). When a friend asked for my advice about good economical speakers, I recommended the Pinnacle AC-650s, which he purchased and raves about. I have not heard the AC-500s, but this model comes from a good pedigree, IMHO. Be sure to give them a listen. If you decide to purchase, I doubt you will regret it.
Cliff

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
Cliff,

Thanks for the reply. I am new to everything that relates to home audio. But in the short time that I have been here I have learned quite a bit about many aspects of the hobby. My personal short term goal is to have a well balanced system that everyone can come over and enjoy while chowin down on some steaks.

And thanks to this forum I am considering doing a DIY sub project. I cannot afford to lay out a large sum of cash right now, but if I am able to gather the different pieces to assemble a sub I think that will work to my advantage.

Does anyone else have any opinions or comments on the Pinnacle AC 500 speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks