PINKY, ISLAND IN THE SUN and UNMARRIED WOMAN 1/10

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ken Koc, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

I just saw that on 1/10 Fox is releasing "Pinky", "Island in the Sun" and "An Unmarried Woman" according to DVD Planet.

2. Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill Producer

Here's hoping for another fine Paul Mazursky commentary (maybe with Jill Clayburgh?) on AN UNMARRIED WOMAN, which has held up just fine over the years (and was clearly an inspiration for SEX AND THE CITY two decades later; I think Mazursky, at least, had a guest shot on that show). It's an excellent film that somehow got short-shrifted on home video, and one not so easily pegged as a "chick flick" if you've never seen it.

3. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

Great news!

I was so happy to see that Fox is releasing Next Stop Greenwich Village. Now the news of them also releasing An Unmarried Woman makes me that much happier.

4. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

"Pinky" is the only one of the three that interests me. Hopefully it is a Studio Classic title.

5. Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis Screenwriter

Well, I'm interested in Island in the Sun due to its all-star cast (Joan Fontaine, James Mason, Dorothy Dandridge, Harry Belafonte, Joan Collins, Stephen Boyd, Michael Rennie), the beautiful locations and the themes (politics, interracial love) of the film. This was one of the independent all-star productions Darryl F. Zanuck did during his lengthy sabbatical (1955-62) from being Fox's Chairman of the Board.

6. GregoryMesh

GregoryMesh Supporting Actor

Gregory Mesh
    Trouble Man (1972) and Stormy Weather (1943) are other 2 titles released by Fox on 1/10.

7. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

This "Pinky" you refer to. Is it the old B&W movie starring Jeanne Crain? If so it's a very good movie, I'd buy it. [​IMG]

8. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

OOH. I've been waiting for TROUBLE MAN, which I don't think has ever been released on home video.

9. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Yes it is. Crain plays a black woman passing for white. It has been a favorite of mine for many years. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

Yep, I've seen it atleast 10 times. And I love watching Jeanne Crain, one of my favorite actresses. [​IMG]

11. m.cellophane

m.cellophane Agent

James
    I recently watched a few of my old favorite Jill Clayburgh films (Starting Over, First Monday in October, I'm Dancing as Fast as I Can). I can't wait for An Unmarried Woman.

12. Garysb

Garysb Screenwriter

In the current issue of Playbill Magazine an article about Jill Clayburgh mentions that she just did the DVD of An Unmarried Woman. If that means an interview or commentary it did not say. However its good news that she has some involvement.

13. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Now that we have "Pinky" coming, I'd love to see another of my favorite Jeanne Crain films, "Margie" get a DVD release. [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

And "Apartment for Peggy" Atleast the new release of "State Fair" is almost here. [​IMG]