What's new

Pink Panther (1 Viewer)

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
TVShowsOnDVD shows that MGM is to release a mega-set soon. It contains almost everything Pink Panther, except of course Return which they don't have the rights to.

Whats more interesting is that the new set will contain a lot of stuff that's already out, it also continues the "Volumes" all the way up to Volume Nine, whereas the individual releases are only up to Volume Six.

The new set contains Vol 1-4 of the Pink Panther, Volume 5 with the Aaardvark, Volumes 6/7 (which are the two Inspector ones), Volume 8 with Roland and Ratfink plus Volume 9 also Pink Panther

Individually, there are only the first four Pink Panther ones, plus the Aaardvark and the first Inspector one (they all come under "Pink Panther" presumeably because MGM thought no-one would know who Aaardvark or Inspector are).

It;s all a bit of a puzzle. The Pink Panther Collection has five discs - which I don;t own yet - does this contain the equivalent on Volumes 1,2,3,4 & 9, or is it 1,2,3,4,5 (Aardvark?)

And will MGM be publishing individually volumes 7,8 9?

It seems a terribly cynical move to try to get collectors to buy the mega-set, if all they want in the cartoons they will have to buy all the films as well and probably double dip on a lot of the cartoons, some of which are nearly three years into release.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Vol. 9 is probably the 70's Christmas and television specials which are already available separately.

The rest of the discs are exactly the same as what's already available, save for Vol. 2 of The Inspector shorts (which is out in the UK right now) and the Roland and Ratfink disc. I'm sure these will soon be released on their own as well, as all the others have.

It all sounds rather superfluous to me for a bunch of DVD's that have already been released several times in the past at such exorbitant cost... I'm kind of curious to see what this massive set looks like though.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt

I am not clear what you mean. Germany has recently released Aardvark and the 2 Inspectors. I have the first from the US. The german Inspector is 4x3. I know that the GB PP cartoons are "widescreen" - the german PP cartoons are 4x3 BUT with german audio!!!!!:angry: :angry: . The US PP is just right.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
The Pink Panther cartoons were theatrically released so they wouldn't be psuedo. They have been framed that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888
Recent bookmarks