What's new

Pink Panther Toons delayed (1 Viewer)

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
Very disappointing. Sony, please release these cartoons as soon as possible, I'm ready to give you my money!

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit
Good thing I've got my Region 2 discs. Shame as I was all ready to replace them with OAR NTSC transfers. But that's the way 2005 has been going. Whenever something of interest to me looks like it's going to be released, it ends up getting pulled. Star Trek- The Animated Series, The Marvel Superheroes Collection, Starcrash, and now this.

Todd Hostettler

Second Unit
They bumped back the new theatrical Steve Martin remake/reimagining/abomination from this August to next February.

This is undoubtedly related.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I could swear I thought this movie was released. How long is it that it has been completed? In this age keeping a completed movie from release for that long is strange.

A movie being shifted from the summer season to February means only one thing: It's terrible. Gosh, what a surprise!

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

And to think they already had all the advertising in place stating it was coming in August as recently as a few days ago!

The movie looks AWFUL. Maybe they pushed it back to re-shoot parts of it, who knows.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I have the laserdisc of The Pink Panther: Animation Archive which contains the opening titles of Curse of the Pink Panther. It includes the opening titles for the other (more popular) five MGM theatrical movies.

According to several online sources (e.g., Davis DVD, DVD Empire), only five opening titles will be on the upcoming Pink Panther Classic Cartoon Collection (release date: January 31, 2006) with Curse's opening title not being one of the five. Even though the movie might be disliked, I think at least the opening title should be included in this set. MGM/Sony owns the movie, so why not include this opening title?

I have the Movie Collection so the opening titles are already there but since I'm not buying Curse... and it's not in the Movie Collection, I would have liked its opening title to be in the Cartoon Collection.

Side note: According to the notes on the back of the laserdisc jacket, these shorts were made "for the theaters...and continued for almost twenty years..." Did they show these cartoons in front of movies? I don't remember any of them in theaters, only from TV. So do these cartoon discussions go in this forum, the TV forum, or both?
-

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Yes, they were originally theatrical releases. Later these shorts were featured on the SatAM tv show, which even later started airing cartoons produced just for TV.

But these are the theatricals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks