What's new

Pink Panther special editions (entire movie series)? (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'm interested in purchasing A Shot In The Dark and Revenge of the Pink Panther, but before doing so, is there anything about special editions coming out?

The current discs would be fine for me (both with 16x9 video), but I would hold out for SE's if they're rumored.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
they still havent released all of them have they?

i dont think that Curse and Trail are out

and dont forget the Alan Arkin Starrer "Inspector Clouseau"...

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
The only way I'd ever want "Trail" would be if I could program the Sellers outtakes they used for that film and put them back into the films they were originally intended for like "Strikes Again". If Edwards had done that back in 1982 instead of doing his misguided attempt to continue the series with multiple films, he'd have been hailed as a hero by all Panther fans rather than what he was called when those films came out by most Panther fans.

Tom De Rosa

Stunt Coordinator
You guys forgot SON.
But I don't want CURSE, TRAIL or SON.
I've been holding off as well. Some were anamorphic, some weren't. I only bought RETURN (Non-MGM) which is probably the weakest of the rest.
I have a feeling we may get some Special Editions when the Mike Myers/Ivan Reitman Pink Panther movies come out.
Yeah, sure and pigs might fly out of my butt. :D
Oh well, I guess I'll be watching my LD's for a while longer(3-5 years).

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
It's not my dog.

I have a feeling we may get some Special Editions when the Mike Myers/Ivan Reitman Pink Panther movies come out.
Please. Please please please say this isn't a real thing. Please say that Hollywood as more original stuff they can do, and that they won't spend big-budgets to redo some films that are already great. There must be some original ideas floating around out there, right? Please say that this is not a real thing. Mike, Ivan? Do something, anything, else. Don't do this. Don't. Do. This.

Sheesh.

MC

Tom De Rosa

Stunt Coordinator
only bought RETURN (Non-MGM) which is probably the weakest of the rest.
Out of Pink, Shot, Strikes and Revenge I think it's the weakest.

My personal favorite is Strikes Again, that nitrous scene is one of my all time favorites. I also like the Octoberfest assassination attempts.

Hollywood original?

That's some funny $hit!!!

Look at this year's releases, I think it's the most sequels ever

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks