What's new

Pink Panther Film Collection 6-DVD (R2 Boxed Set) - WOW! (1 Viewer)

John H Ross

Screenwriter
Good grief - I just spotted this on HMV's website for release on 10th November:

THE PINK PANTHER FILM COLLECTION 6-DVD

The Pink Panther- Special Features
1. Audio Commentary By Director Blake Edwards
2. Pop-Up Trivia Track
3. Original Theatrical Trailer
4. Widescreen 2.35:1 Anamorphic
5. Dolby Digital 5.1
6. Languages- English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
7. Subtitles- English & German Hard Of Hearing, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Danish, Portuguese, Greek, Turkish, Czech
8. Subtitles Audio Commentary- English
9. Region 2/PAL/Colour
10. Running Time 110 Minutes

A Shot In The Dark- Special Features
1. Original Theatrical Trailer
2. Widescreen 2.35:1 Anamorphic
3. Dolby Digital 5.1
4. Languages- English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
5. Subtitles- English & German Hard Of Hearing, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Danish, Portuguese, Greek, Turkish, Czech
6. Region 2/PAL/Colour
7. Running Time 98 Minutes

The Pink Panther Strikes Again- Special Features
3. Dolby Digital 5.1
5. Subtitles- English & German Hard Of Hearing, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Danish, Portuguese, Greek, Turkish, Czech
6. Region 2/PAL/Colour
7. Running Time 99 Minutes

Revenge Of The Pink Panther- Special Features
3. Dolby Digital 5.1
6. Region 2/PAL/Colour
7. Running Time 95 Minutes

Trail Of The Pink Panther- Special Features
3. Dolby Digital 5.1
6. Region 2/PAL/Colour
7. Running Time 93 Minutes

Special Features Disc
1. The Pink Panther Story- Brand New Documentary Looking At The Pink Panther Films (28 Minutes)
2. That's Panthertainment- Vintage Documentary From 1978 Promoting 'Revenge Of The Pink Panther' (47 Minutes)
3. The Unknown Peter Sellers- Documentary Looking At Peter Sellers Life, Featuring Clips From Rare Films (52 Minutes)
4. Behind The Feline- Featurette Looking At The Pink Panther Cartoon Character (11 Minutes)
5. The Commercial Peter Sellers- Vintage TV Adverts Featuring Peter Sellers: 3 x Barclays Bank, 3 x TWA & Behind The Scenes On The TWA Adverts Featurette
6. Classic Cartoons (6 Episodes): Pink Phink, Pink Plunk Plink, Sink Pink, Dial P For Pink, Pickled Pink & Inspector: The Great Degaulle Stone Operation
7. Shots In The Dark: Photo Gallery

Is this for real? It looks totally awesome! I didn't buy the R1 discs because my favourite, PP Strikes Again, was not anamorphic. All five films in this set ARE anamorphic (and 5.1 to boot!) and the sixth disc looks magnificent!

Any previews anywhere?

John

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
This is for real - this set have been out in Denmark for quite a while, and I've seen it around, although I don't own it myself (yet)... But it looks great! :)

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
MGM apparently is going to be porting most of these features into their own box set (or at least separate re-issue releases) next year.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Oh PLEASE come out in R1. :D

I'd buy it in less time than it would take to ask "Do you 'ave a leesance for your minkey?"

MarkBurton

Second Unit
http://www6.cd-wow.com/detail_result...087&affid=1098
Featuring all five films starring Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau, plus an additional disc of bonus features.

The Pink Panther (1964)
A Shot In The Dark (1964)
The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976)
Revenge Of The Pink Panther (1978)
Trail Of The Pink Panther (1982)

I guess they never heard of a little film called Return Of The Pink Panther (1975).

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0072081/

This must be an MGM set, since Return Of The Pink Panther is owned by Artisan.

Personally, I like the metal case on the Paul Champagne website.
Link Removed

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, it is not complete without the hilarious Return of the Pink Panther, which has a pathetic release in R1.

While the Champagne box is nice, unless he has licensed those images, it is a bootleg (which applies to the majority of his work).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Artisan has the rights on Return of the
Pink Panther

Doesn't look like we'll see that film included
in any upcomng set. We are stuck with the
current highly lackluster transfer release.

Jerome

Second Unit
The Box set has just been released in France. I only saw the first movie by now but the image restoration is amazing.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
I know it's junk, but why not include CURSE... just to make the set truly complete? (Maybe they're saving CURSE and SON OF for a Double Feature DVD -- and what a classic set THAT would be :D)

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
I've had this set since Monday and it's awesome.

I was puzzled why Return of the Pink Panther was missing, as I was about Curse.

Still, top marks all round.

John KB

Second Unit
You know I watched Curse a couple months back and it's not as bad as I remembered. I actually laughed a few times!
Now I'm saying that it's in the same ball park as earlier entries, but I did enjoy it.

Wade K

Second Unit
Nice site. I spent some time there just looking at the cool artwork by Shag. Can't wait for this set to come to Region 1.

Scott Bigbee

Auditioning
Speaking of Peter Sellers --
Where is the Fiendish Plot of Dr Fu Manchu?
I read horrible things about it now, but I remember really liking it when I was a kid.:b

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
The difference with curse is that you need it to answer the questions left hanging at the end of trail!

the two films were shot together, so leaving one out really doesnt make any sense, since Sellers isnt really in trail either, just via outtakes.

There is also Son of as someone mentioned, but what about the one most people forget - "Inspector Clouseau" starring Alan Arkin as Clouseau....

So when you throw in Return, there are really 9 'Clouseau' films, so this isnt much for the completist.

AFAIK MGM also owns Clouseu, and for sure they own Curse and Son of.

It would be nice if they could work out a deal with artisan for Return amd just do a big full set, but I'd rather they leave off Trail if they arent going to have Curse, the two are connected more than others in the series. Im glad I have Trail and Curse from a letterbox TCM showing on VHS at least...

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
Arrrggghhhh! Will Curse of the Pink Panther ever be released to DVD?

Damnit, this was the Pink Panther film of the 1980's and most of us who grew up with it probably haven't seen it since the mid eighties when it played on HBO alot.

Okay, Im not going to run my trap again about a film I havent seen in twenty years but....Ted Wass rocks! I think his type of humor works for a Seller-less Panther film because he's the "every guy". Somebody like Roberto Benigni is a much more unique type of performer but these films all revolve around the type of "serious slapstick" of Sellers and people like Niven.

Roger Moore as the Inspector at the end was priceless; Moore having replaced the *real* James Bond, could therefore be the only person who could replace the original Inspector.

The film completes the series whether people like it or not, and is, at the very least, a loving tribute to the lost Inspector Clouseau.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks