What's new

Pink Panther Cartoons Finally! (merged) (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Will it feature the Ant & Aardvark and Blue Racer shorts as well?

Where the hell is the R1 box set, it's now available in Asia, Germany, France and the UK... this is getting ridiculous!!!

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Will it also include the Texas Toads? Oh, man, this is a great year so far for some of my viewing pleasures, both "acceptable" and guilty! :D :D :D :D :D

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Lynda, I believe the segment you're referring to was originally called "Tijuana Toads" before it was edited for syndication as part of the Pink Panther Show in 1976 and re-titled for American audiences as the characters were deemed un-pc.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
OK everybody, what are the chances we will see this in the US next year, to tie in with the Steve Martin PINK PANTHER movie opening in July?

Also, how will MGM's sale to Sony affect this release?

Any facts/rumor/speculation would be appreciated.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
You know I saw a Pink Pather dvd today at London Drugs it said Pink Panther Cartoon Collection or something. I was really surprised to see Pink Panther on dvd could this be what your talking about or something diffrent. I live in Canada and not the Uk so I don't know.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

I'd say pretty dang good. But wait... wasn't MGM just purchased by Sony? Could that throw off an r1 release? I might be investing in a region free dvd player (or a HTPC) soon.

Chris S.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Tijuana Toads, Marco? Yeah, the 70s were about the time the real sensitivity things started hitting the fan. It was one fat toad and a skinny toad that were buddies, I guess kind of an attempt to take off on the success of something like Laurel and Hardy or Abbott and Costello. [I always did wonder why their cowboy hats looked like sombreros, come to think of it!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
]

Thanks for the info. I always thought of myself as fairly well informed on my favorite 'toons.

The very first short I ever saw of the TT was called Croakus Pokus, where they were running from a witch, who, by the end had turned herself into a lady toad, and ended up running from our lusty heroes.

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
The ant and the aardvark where my favourite of that time, also, I loved The Inspector.

Lets hopw we can see them coming soon too.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
One of my favs as a kid. Saturday mornings just weren't complete without the color Pink... finally!

:cool:

ChrisPearson

Second Unit

Although the terminology is wrong, I'm hoping this means 4:3/OAR. ;) The R2 release of this was last year's biggest DVD disappointment for me – imagine: *all* the PP shorts, plus the title sequences owned by MGM/UA and they screwed it up by matting the shorts to 16:9! :angry: I was actually given this set as a Christmas present and felt so sorry to have to take it back to the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks