Pink Panther 2006

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Sam Davatchi, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi Producer

Didn't find any topics related to this in this section. I got the new Steve Martin Pink Panther last week and saw it last night.

I was pleasantly surprised and didn't expect it to be this "good", with all the negative buzz before the release of the movie. I think it's better than your average Steve Martin flick.

The DVD has an alternate opening title which is interesting to see. At first they went a more expensive, more elaborate 3D route. You see a CG Pink Panther.

Flame suit on. I kind of liked this updated Clouseau. He is not a complete pathetic loser. I don't know how to describe it but I always remember from my childhood that Peter Sellers' Clouseau left me kind of cold and sad! I was sorry for him! Steve Martin's Clouseau is more pleasant.

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    This was my 9-1/2 year old daughter's favorite live action film she has ever seen in a theater. She was laughing throughout and quoting it afterwards. Setting aside all of the baggage of following the act of Peter Sellers, it was pretty funny. The plot was weak, but the gags were well set-up, which makes it better than most modern comedies.

I'll be picking up the disc tomorrow.

Regards,

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I very much enjoyed it (saw it twice, in fact).

I don't know why there was such a negative reaction. I watched the original PP from the 1960's a couple weeks ago. I seldom laughed at all and was mostly bored to death ("A Shot in the Dark" is much better). I thought the updated PP was much funnier.