pink/magenta color cast

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Ryan LeSage, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Ryan LeSage

Ryan LeSage Auditioning

Hi All,

So I've had my Hitachi 50v500 lcd for almost a year now and I love it. However, today I turn in on and find a pink color cast over the whole picture that effects all inputs. The grey bars on the sides are VERY pink and no amount of color control will get rid of it. Any ideas of what may cause this so I know what I'm dealing with when I call support?

Ryan

2. Scott Hawley

Scott Hawley Auditioning

This just now happened to us. We have had the TV not quite a year. We were experiencing a green shift for about a month that we finally had the circuit city tech come out to fix yesterday. He went into the setup menu and reset the TV and then made some adjustments. Today we have the pink cast on everything.

Does anyone know how to get into the setup? I think I could easily fix this myself if I knew how to get into the setup.

3. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

with the TV off ...

Press input on TV ... hold

Press Power on TV ... hold same time ...

this gets you in ...

but you might have to be on a dead input to get in ... some units are quirky like that ...

regards

4. Scott Hawley

Scott Hawley Auditioning

Thanks, I figured that out and tried a reset. Unfortunately TV is still has a pink cast, so something else must be wrong. We will call circuit city tomorrow for service.

If anyone has any ideas on what to try in the system menus I'd love to give it a shot as it usually takes them a while to get to us.

After performing a reset I feel that there is likely something major wrong that may require parts / replacement.

I will say one thing. I recommend to anyone buying a high def tv that they get the maximum extended warranty available. We have 5 years on ours and I am sure we will be using it a lot.