What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pink Floyd's Richard Wright dies (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I'm gald they were able to put their differences aside for one final performance together. PF (1982) isn't Floyd without Waters, Waters alone isn't Floyd, and Floyd isn't Floyd without Wright. (No slagging on Syd either)

He's prophetically gone to The Great Gig In The Sky. Godspeed.

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson
Oh no, very sad news indeed. I had just watched the David Gilmour DVD the other night and thought how great they both sounded, especially on "Echoes".

R.I.P.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Very sad. Some of these guys get overshadowed with the Gilmore/Waters stuff, but they were just as integral and a creative force to what made Floyd great.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I was really really hoping that somehow I would get to see Gilmour and Wright do Echos live sometime, but now that is gone. A very sad day indeed for us Pink Floyd fans.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Wow, this is very surprising to me. I wish him peace.

I got into Pink Floyd in 1969. And in 1973, I was blown away by Dark Side Of the Moon. I own just about all of their albums, and recently ordered their catalog for my place of employment.

I also had their posters from Dark Side Of the Moon on my bedroom wall all through High School. They were (and still are) an inspiration to me musically.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Sad news.

Even though Waters and Gilmour received most of the attention in Pink Floyd, Wright's keyboard and piano work was just as intregal as Waters' lyrical talent and Gilmour's guitar. Sadly, since Wright was more active as a writer and vocalist in the Pre-DSOTM days, some great material of his, such as "Julia Dream", "Remember a Day", "See Saw", "Stay" etc. is largely unknown to non-hardcore fans.

His main contribution to "The Division Bell", "Wearing the Inside Out" was one of the highlights of the somewhat flawed album.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Agreed. I count Remember A Day and Arnold Layne among my most favorite tunes ever recorded by them.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Wow, this blows me away. I'm now so thankful I got to see them (minus Roger) in '94...it was a magical show. I too was hoping for a reunion, but like you said, that's now a memory. I swear between this and my previous recent musical loss (LeRoi Moore/DMB), this has been a rough summer. I was a late bloomer to the Floyd (college), but once I got my hands on them, I listened to anything and everything I could get my hands on. Where's that "Wish You Were Here" SACD now???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks