What's new

Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and Live in Pompeii the Director's cut in Mar 2003 (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
here is something from www.pinkfloyd.co.uk/pages/main.html official site that once you arrive, you can download echoes
really cool
in answer to who is Pink Floyd really, I have no idea really as both Roger Waters & Dave Gilmour have don PF shows like the Berlin Wall concert and Venice

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
I have the Original "Pink Floyd: Live at Pompeii" VHS.

I just want it cleaned up and on DVD, stereo would be fine, 5.1 even better.

It's such a cool show to watch, shame it's not out now...(March is a looong time to wait)

Hurray!

~Rob

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
I am not happy that Alan Parsons is not involved in the 5.1 mix of Dark Side of the Moon.
His quad mix is by far the best version of the album, IMHO.
But, I'm very happy that Live at Pompeii is soon to be released on DVD, and in a "Director's Cut" no less. IMHO, this is the best concert film of any sort (along with the never-released-on-video "Genesis Live At Oxford 1973" - which may not have been the original theatrical title).

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
straight from Surround 2002 Expo in Beverly Hills today, engineer Alan Parsons spoke on the topic of Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon being mixed for DVD-Audio

great short article and no released date yet. Perhaps it is time to upgrade to DVD Video & Audio
Or maybe not. The same website has a newer article that says DSOTM is being prepared for SACD instead, apparently because Sony is footing the bill. There's a thread about it in the HTF music forum.

I'm treating any further news about DSOTM as rumor and speculation until I see an official press release from EMI.

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
Bad news.........looks like it has been pushed back till Sept/Oct :frowning: .
From Brain Damage...LIVE AT POMPEII DVD UPDATE: We spoke to our contacts at Universal today about the Pompeii DVD. The disc is not yet ready for release, and they are currently looking at late September or early October for release. We will be getting more details closer to the release date, so we will keep you up to date with developments...
-- Posted 29 April 2003 © Brain Damage --
http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/
Great Pink Floyd Site

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Sometimes I think the studios try to make the end of the year expensive on purpose by flooding the market with all the cool titles. I wish the Pompeii disc was coming out sooner, like next week!

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Could some one in the know give us a Yes or No about a DSotM DVD-A release?

Wes

Kevin Nolan

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you Sony for your corporate view on one of the FEW selections that should be avaiable to the masses in both formats at the same time but you just want to encourage folks to purchase SACDs...forget about the the Fans of one of the most important releases for the past few decades...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks