What's new

Pink Floyd (1 Viewer)

Billy Fogerty

Stunt Coordinator
Any chance we will see Delicate Sound of Thunder & Pulse on dvd? I have them on ld,but they would be outstanding on dvd. With all the concerts out,I can't believe these haven't been released. Madonnas Blonde Ambition Tour is another that should be put on dvd. Have the ld also. Hope to see some positive feeback.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Since the titles you mentioned were out on laserdisc then there's a good chance they'll eventually make it to DVD, you just have to patient. I think they're concentrating on putting the classic Floyd stuff on DVD right now with the recent Dark Side classic albums DVD and the upcoming Pompeii DVD. Maybe next year?

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
I also would love to see PULSE get released on
DVD. I used to have the laser, but unfortunately
it was lost and I couldn't get a replacement
because it was OOP.

I thought POMPEII was supposed to come out in
October. Any news on this anybody?

Gregory E

Second Unit
From www.pinkfloyd-co.com:

9/14/03

PULSE DVD NEWS

David Gilmour has finished working on the 5.1 mix for the PULSE DVD and has recently turned it over to James Guthrie for more editing. Tentative release date is November 4, 2003 for region 2. Stay tuned for more info as we receive it.

AnthonyWilliams

Auditioning
The Live in Pompeii DVD is supposed to be out in Australia this week. There is a review of it at Michaeldvd.com.au. You can do a search for it on the website. (I wasn't allowed to post the link)

It sounds good!!

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Information is available at PF fan site "brain damage,'' which seems to have good connections with official PF and Roger Waters sources. It is indeed a Universal release.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
well, the UK DVD seems to be for certain-it has an "E" for Exempt-like our "G" rating on its cover-but thats about it- one brief mention of a US/Canada Oct 21 release.

The strange thing is-its one month before a supposed release and I cant find it listed anywhere...are there any US preorders that you know of?

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
So, the Australian DVD:

1) Uses crappy 224kbps DD2.0. If you are going to go stereo, use PCM. If you don't have the room for PCM, use 384k or 448k stereo.

2) The (new) long cut is cropped to fake widescreen, placing the disc in the hall of shame with 'Secret World Live'.

3) Contains the concert in OAR, but no original long cut in OAR or otherwise.

Fair, but I'll keep my laserdisc in addition to the new disc. I understand the band was not involved; hopefully no future Floyd releases are in fake widescreen.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
The reviews ive seen list P-FLAP (!) as Anamorphic WS.

If I didnt know this was a 4:3 film -I wouldnt have believed it!

Ive also seen announcments/reviews from Oz, Korea, and the UK...

Steve jc

Agent
Universal released Live at Pompeii in Korea R3 in June and R0 Brazil in July. Both are NTSC. I ordered my R3 from Koreandvds.com but read that Yesasia.com has a substantially better price.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
well, it looks like a legit release-the 'CD' would actually a DVD-Audio of the soundtrack.As for the "Press Campaign"-this is the first official thing ive seen-remember all the fuss and hysteria months in advance for the Led Zep DVD? Anyway, I wonder what the price will be...

er-that WAS a USA retailer solicitation, wasnt it?

YesAsia has the R3(all?) for $20.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
There is no announced DVD-Audio of the soundtrack (unlikely since they don't have multitracks for a surround mix), and I'm pretty sure (from the solicitation) that the jewel case contains the regular DVD.

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Why would they have two different packages for the DVD? I can understand the idea behind switching to jewel, but why would they also release it in the standard dvd case, too? Is it possible that it is just a regular CD version of the soundtrack instead of a DVD-a? (yeah, I realize that the serial code listed says DVD, but could that be some type of misprint or just refers to the type of case itself?)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
It seems odd that they would have duplciate packaging, unless they want to catch the more unaware at the PF CD bin, who might not know of the DVD? Other wise I would go with a simple DVD Audio recording-remember, this title is one of those near invisible releases-so I am not surprised weve seen little or nothing on either so far.
And UMG is getting into DVD-A....or so Ive read.

A quick check of the Universal site finds NO mention of either the DVD as a Home Video, or as a music release-not exactly a together group of entrepeneurs, eh?-They list "Battlestar Gallatica" twice as being available 10/21 ....Gallatica=Gattica ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks