What's new

Pink Floyd..........when? (1 Viewer)

Billy Fogerty

Stunt Coordinator
Is there any word at all if Delicate Sound of Thunder and Pulse will ever be released on dvd? These would be outstanding if mixed in dts. I have the ld's of these, but the dvds would be great. Would love to know if anyone has any info.
:confused:

Gregory E

Second Unit
I think the Pulse recording we'll be releasing on DVD, but its quite complicated, it has to be completely remixed.
That's what David Gilmour said in an interview back in January. I haven't heard anything else since then, but there is still hope. As for Delicate Sound of Thunder, I've never heard anything about that...

On a side note, David does plan on releasing a DVD of his solo concert from last year.

Eric Berger

Agent
I would love to have a 5.1 version of Delicate Sound of Thunder that is anamorphic.

That is an amazing concert album.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
What? No mention of "At Pompei". I would love a good DVD copy of that one. How about the option to watch either the short or long versions as well? (The short version is just the performance with the "in the studi0" stuff edited out).

Regards,

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
What about More, The Valley (Obscured by Clouds) & Zabriskie Point -- the three films with Pink Floyd soundtracks. When are they coming out on DVD?
Ted

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm a fan of Momentary-era Floyd, but I'd probably only buy Pompeii.

BTW, what are the Floyd up to right now? Any new albums from them or Dave due soon?

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Put me down for Pompeii as well. I still have my LD, but no LD player anymore. :frowning: Ever since DVD has come out, I've kept my eyes peeled and my ears perked for any hint of Pompeii, but nooooo, there has not been any word whatsoever. I sure wish somebody would step up to the plate, claim the title, and put the dang thing out. Last thing I know is that Polygram Music had it. Polygram feature properties went to one of the majors a while back, MGM I think, but then, who knows who got the music properties. -sigh- it sucks that we don't even know who to pester to release the damned thing. Sorry for the bad attitude, but I've been waiting forever for this title. :frowning:

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
According to various fan sites there is no new Pink Floyd due any time soon, they aren't working on anything.
if memory serves, it's worse than that, Gilmour has said something to the effect that he's too old to go touring etc, that he's past it and doesn't have the energy or want to do anything new Floyd-wise. sigh. :frowning:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I wouldn't mind him doing a solo album if it was as good as the first one. I hope he changes his mind about the whole thing, though.

Didn't know there was a Pompeii LD. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for it.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah his first solo album from 1978 was self-titled. (Pink Floyd had a lucrative contract which provided money for each band member to record solo albums if they wanted to.) About ten years ago I freaked when I heard a guitar lick from it in a Ford trucks commercial. Gilmour also borrowed something from himself, the first bit of guitar on "What Do You Want From Me" comes from a song on that first solo album.

You want to know what I'd really like to have? Official DVD-A releases of the quad mix of Dark Side of the Moon and all their other albums that were mixed in quad.

Richard Hardbattle

Stunt Coordinator
Roger Waters - The writer of Pretty much all of the Floyd stuff from DarkSide to Final Cut is still going strong:

An amazing DVD of his latest live concert blows all the Floyd live concerts out of the water - "IN THE FLESH" 16/9 5.1 awesome setlist and behind the scenes bits!! Buy it!!

He has also just released "Flickering Flame" a best of the solo years CD - that includes 4 "New" or rare songs - plus - he has a new studio rock/concept album out this year and a classical/opera album out 2003!!

Now, which ones Pink?

Rich

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
DG too old, huh? Roger Waters looked in fine form on the IN THE FLESH concert DVD! Maybe Pink Floyd ought to strip things down concert-wise like Waters did, concetrating on the songs rather than cramming another laser show into the mix. While I enjoyed Pink Floyd the last time they were in my area (a LONG time ago!), Roger Waters simple stage presentation was better on the IN THE FLESH tour.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Maybe Pink Floyd ought to strip things down concert-wise like Waters did, concetrating on the songs rather than cramming another laser show into the mix.
One thing to remember when making this comparison is that Roger Waters is playing in small venues whereas Pink Floyd (with Gilmour) was playing in stadiums. I would imagine that if Pink Floyd (w/DG) played in the small venues then they would cut back on the stage show.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I would love to have a 5.1 version of Delicate Sound of Thunder that is anamorphic.
Why would you want it anamorphic when it was shot at 4:3?

I'm with the crowd that wants DVD-A (or SACD) for the 70s quadrophonic albums. - Original Mixes please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks