What's new

Pink Floyd The Wall in HD (1 Viewer)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Times & Dates

Didn't know whether to post this here (with more Pink Floyd fans) or over at the TV/HD section, but PINK FLOYD The Wall will be shown on INHD. Even though I have the fine DVD, seeing it in high def may bring out some more details. Got my DVR ready for this one! :emoji_thumbsup: :D Please move to right forum if necessary.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I saw some of it when they played it a few months ago.
Looks like an upconvert to me, but I could be mistaken.

Doug

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I hope so. I'd like a few more Pink Floyd SACDs, and a Genesis SACD or two to come out so I can beat the "SACD is dead" people over the head with them. :D

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Lee:

Euro import, since it's not on Warner. The US WB Release will be on either DualDisc or Double Disc, I'm not sure which. Since Brothers in Arms is a native PCM recording, it will sound its best delivered as PCM. I expect that'll be out in the US in another month or so, but I haven't gotten a firm date out of my WB contact. I think the asking price of $35 + S/H is a bit steep anyway, so I'll just wait for the WB US Releases.

On a side note, I got the Sailing to Philadelphia and Shangri-La Double Disc packages this week. Very nicely recorded on StP even though it is "only" 48K for the surround tracks. I haven't gotten to Shangri-La just yet. It'll be sometime next week before I get around to it.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Shangri-La sounds good in Super Audio also John. :)

The best discs would be to do the analog tape sessions Knopfler did early on and transfer them to DSD.

I'm starting to believe that DSD can enhance PCM recordings though. The Norah Jones SACD does have some more presence over the redbook despite the 16/44 limitations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks