What's new

Pink Floyd said to reunite for Live 8....Really! (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Don't know if this helps, but the BBC will carry all of it - the Brit and US concerts in full, plus bits of the other ones (though judging by the list of acts on the French one when I last looked at it, that can be treated as entirely disposable).

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Anyone know if MTV and VH1 will be having separate coverage? Also, do you think the concerts will be available on AOL to watch after the live coverage?

~T

CraigL

Screenwriter
AOL is showing ALL the feeds. You just have to choose which one you want to watch. MTV and VH1 are having the same coverage. ABC is NOT in HD.
Acts are overlapping each other and you're not going to see a "complete" show unelss it comes out on DVD. This completely sucks.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I wish there were a schedule of which acts will be televised, and when. If there is, I haven't found it. I don't want to fill up my DVD recorder's hard drive with 20 hours of rap music.

CraigL

Screenwriter
They don't have a list because they're going to be showing things whenever they feel like it. According to AOL, even when MTV says "live" it's not actually live.

This all just COMPLETELY sucks. MTV isn't showing ANYTHING complete at the moment. They're showing clips of songs.

CraigL

Screenwriter
FYI...here is the set list for London:

1 Paul McCartney & U2 (Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band) Approximately 2pm
2 U2 (One, Make it On Your Own, TBC)
3 Coldplay (In My Place, Fix You)
4 Richard Ashcroft (Bittersweet Symphony) Duet With Coldplay
5 Elton John (Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting, Bitch is Back)
6 Pete Docherty (Children of the Revolution) Duet With Elton John
7 Dido (Life for Rent, Thank You, White Flag)
8 Stereophonics (TBC)
9 REM (The One I Love, Imitation of Life, Everybody Hurts, Losing My Religion)
10 Ms Dynamite (Dy-na-mi-tee, Judgment Day, Redempiton Song)
11 Keane (Everybodys Changing, Somewhere)
12 Travis (Why Does It Always Rain on Me?, Sing, Turn)
13 Annie Lennox (Broken Glass, Sweet Dreams, Sisters)
14 UB40 (Food For Thought, Red Red Wine)
15 Snoop Dog (TBC)
16 Razorlight (Somewhere Else, Golden Touch, Vice)
17 Madonna (Like A Prayer, Music, Ray of Light)
18 Snow Patrol (Chocolate, Rain)
19 Joss Stone (I Had a Dream, Super Duper Love)
20 Scissor Sisters (Take Your Mama, Laura)
21 Velvet Revolver (TBC)
22 The Killers (Somebody Told Me, Mr Brightside)
23 Sting (Message in a Bottle, Desert Rose, Every Breath You Take)
24 Mariah Carey (Vision Of Love, Make it Happen)
25 Robbie Williams (Let Me Entertain You, Feel, Rock DJ)
26 The Who (Fooled Again, O Riley)
27 Pink Floyd (Money, Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb)
28 Paul McCartney (Long and Winding Road)
29 Finale (Paul McCartney And Others) Approximately 8.45pm

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
This event is a total waste of time on TV!!! Pathetic. Partial songs and annoying talking heads ("wicked awesome!").

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, every three seconds someone dies unecesssarily in Africa. Something that nobody needs to be informed about.

You get 9/11 and the world is supposed to cry with you. Millions die in Africa and being reminded of that is 'a total waste of time on TV'.

I'd just signed the petition on line and came on here to say that I hope you get better coverage than the BBC is offering - half way through REM's set they cut away to a pointless interview and then switched channels during UB40's set. I was going to say how annoying that was, but Jordan's crass post put things in perspective for me.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
MTV has not only fucked up Live 8, they have ROYALLY fucked up Live 8! This is absolutely fucking terrible coverage. All I know is that Pink Floyd better be uninterrupted, or else I will be EXTREMELY angry. I don't mind the fact that there are interviews or reaction shots, but I don't want them to interrupt the actual shows!

I can't watch it online because I'm away from home right now and on a dial-up connection. Soooo...I really hope the shows will be up on AOL.com for a while, and for free because I don't want to pay like $10 for each show I want to see.

Oh well, at least I'm sure that I'll be able to download the shows through bittorrent or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks