What's new

Pink Floyd said to reunite for Live 8....Really! (1 Viewer)

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman

I read it on Rolling Stone's website yesterday.

I see Sting is participating. Too bad they couldn't get the Police to do a one-off reunion too.

Man, if I had any kids, I'd give my first-born to see that Floyd set!

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Well, if you have the money, you could buy a ticket. There's been a lot of fuss in the Brit media over the last few days that people are selling the tickets they got in the draw on ebay. Fair enough if they're going to give the money they raise to charity, but this is for personal profit. I'd call these creatures pond scum except that it's an insult to pond scum.

Back on topic - it's looking like a better line up as time goes on, but there's still more than a hint of dross. Having said that, the same could be said of Live Aid. And after all it's in a good cause, so bitching is out of order.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I really can't wait to see Pink Floyd perform. I have never seen one of their shows, and from what I hear they are spectacular. Hopefully Roger and Pink Floyd will make up, get back together, record a new album, and go on a big world tour. That would be the greatest thing ever.

AricB

Second Unit
Tony-B, I'd highly recommend trying to find Pulse on VHS(or Laserdisc), it was recorded live on last tour in 94, it is the most amazing live show I've ever seen recorded, and kick myself constantly for missing them when they came through. You might find pulse at a blockbuster video or something, not sure if it's still being made? DVD is not out yet.

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Andrew, I'd sit through a lot of dross to see the reunited Pink Floyd set, even if it is only 30 minutes. A whoooooollllllllle lot of dross!

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Aric, I read on Brain Damage that Pink Floyd's management has stated that Pulse will be released on DVD sometime later on this year.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I saw Pink Floyd live during their Momentary Lapse tour and it WAS amazing! Can't wait to see this reunion.

Nathan Eddy

Second Unit
Pink Floyd in '94 was probably the best concert I've ever seen. I'd always heard rumors of their quadraphonic sound, but didn't realize how incredible it would actually be. It helped that I was pretty much in the middle of the arena, perferctly positioned between the four sets of speakers. To hear surround sound on this scale is just something you'll never experience in your own home theater, the biggest cinema, or basically any other place besides a Pink Floyd show. I was floored.

The show started out very slowly, very subtly. I honestly couldn't tell when it had began. They were doing sound checks for about 30 minutes, and stuff that I thought was just testing of the speakers, various sound effects, etc. Everybody in the crowd was still talking and pretty much ignoring what was happening on stage. And then slowly it dawned on us that that show had begun; it snuck up on us as if the group had entered the arena from a different dimension. And by the time they were well into their first song, it felt like a UFO had landed onstage. The music was absolutely otherworldly. The light show was like a rainbow on acid, or the Mother Ship from Close Encounters. The background singers were angelic enough to make me doubt my own agnosticism (not an easy task!).

A Pink Floyd reunion has been at the top of my musical wish list for over a decade--heck, I'd settle for just another tour with the remaining three.

Gordon Wakim

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gordon
Has anybody found out how this concert will be televised ? Will it be HD ? What Networks will be carrying this in the USA ? I too am a big Pink Floyd Fan and would like to record this show either on HD PVR or VHS if I have to. I have the Knebworth show on VHS that I taped many years ago and it is the complete performance that Pink Floyd did. When that show was released on DVD it was not the complete performance. That is what I am afraid of this time.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping the other US will be in HD, and I wouldn't watch it on MTV unless I wanted to see one of their annoying on air people jabber constantly...

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
It will be on MTV and VH1.

Great. Just great. Now I have to give those two networks ratings. All I know is that if they cut down or don't even show Pink Floyd in order to show more "important" artists like Will Smith, Destiny's Child, Linkin Park, Maroon 5, P Diddy, Good Charlotte, or whatever, I will be so fucking angry.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
There will also be a 2 hour recap show on ABC.

If Floyd plays "Money", you can expect they will show it, although the announcer will probably talk up until the vocals begin!

I will be out for most of the day, but have my Tivo set to do the entire 8 hours of MTV, and the ABC show.

Out of 10 hours of programming, I hope there will be a few minutes worth watching!

Brian

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I hope that isn't all they are playing. I'd at least hope that they would play Money and Another Brick In The Wall. Hell, what they SHOULD do is play DSOTM and The Wall in their entirety. :D

FeisalK

Screenwriter
I'm sorry... didn't mean I knew they were going to do Shine On for sure, but if they only had 4 songs they could do Shine On and stay awhile

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks