Pink Floyd Remasters on Sept. 23rd?!?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Lee Scoggins, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30734

This looks encouraging in light of James Guthrie's (PF's main engineer) comments about wanting to do more PF Albums like The Wall in Super Audio...

Can you imagine the surround sound possibilities of these albums?

[​IMG]

2. Kevin Deacon

Kevin Deacon Second Unit

I won't buy these unless they are SACD. I don't want just a re-master.

3. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Yup, if these are just CD's, then there is really no point.....well, at least to me!

The masses will probably snap 'em up, but having been to the mountain, I just can't go back.

Hi-rez MC or nothing, please.

Hummm. Here is a tantalizing prospect. Star Wars on DVD and The Wall in hi-rez MC in the same month. I may not see daylight for a few weeks!

BGL

4. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

If they are Hi-res (DVD-A or SACD) and multichannel, I will pick these all up in a heartbeat. If only CD remasters, I would probably pick up The Wall and wait for the others to eventually come to Hi-res.

I am tired of buying the same old remasters which provide very little improvement in sound quality, and many times downgrade the sound quality by suqashing the dynamic range.

Sony last year re-released most of the AC/DC catalog in remastered form, but for some reason did put out SACDs. Gess how many I bought...zero. If they would have been Hi-res I would have picked up 4-5 discs easily. Of course most people have no clue about either Hi-res format, and these discs sold well as redbook only. Gives Sony a case study on how to make profits by not supporting their own Hi-res format.

J

5. andrew markworthy

Got to be SACD or DVD-A *and* surround, or I ain't bothering.

6. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

There's nothing on their webpage or Brain Damage so I don't beleive any of it. Just because someone heard some DJ on the radio say it's going to happen doesn't make it true.

7. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    I doubt they would do remasters and not do another Super Audio given the high level of sales that DSOTM did. Too much money to be made. [​IMG]

8. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

"On a seperate, reissue/remaster note, they (Pink Floyd's management) have also told us that the SACD release of The Wall, heavily rumoured to be happening to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the original release, will definately NOT be happening this year! There are vague plans for other titles to receive a polish, but at this stage, that's all they are."
    -- Posted 20 February 2004 © Brain Damage --

9. BrentPollard

BrentPollard Second Unit

A polish wow![​IMG]

10. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

I *Might* pick up a few of them to fill some gaps in my Floyd collection but I want Hi-Rez of the rest or no sale.