What's new

Pink Floyd reissues (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Indeed. I've always enjoyed this album. The "Q sound" thingy on it has always sounded good to me, but it's probably time to remaster it.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
i was hoping each title would get the "Piper" treatment once a year on its anniversary

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I just received Wish You Were Here (long overdue) from Amazon.com. Such a great album. For me it is difficult to choose their best album, since I like so many of them.

I also got Farewell to Kings (Rush); I didn't think that that warranted a new thread. ;) I love Cygnus X-1; it's probably my favorite track from that band.

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
Yeah I was kinda hoping for a "Piper" treatment for each album over the coming years. Imagine having all the Floyd albums in that "limited book" style...lined along my bookshelf? That would be great along with new remasters of the best source material possible. Saucerful should be released this year with a third disc containing the other "of-era" singles, as well as "Scream Thy Last Scream" and "Vegetable Man" as rarities. It would be so nice to have these songs in the best quality we can get. I've got many different versions of them as MP3s, but that's not good enough for me especially since sources vary.

SACD releases of Wish You Were Here and Animals were supposed to be out years ago...2005 actually. I've stopped holding my breath. We know SACD and DVD-A are dead formats anyway so the likelihood of a release is small...but I would be surprised if I was proven wrong.

Mike

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Searching at Amazon, it says that there was a release on January 2008. Is this newly remastered or something? Just wondering whether it's worthwhile getting another copy as compared to the one I bought in the 90s.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Yee-Ming:
It's the first time I purchased a CD copy of the album. I own it on vinyl, and felt it was time for the CD. So for me, it was an entirely new recording.

The copy I purchased indicated that it was newly remastered, but I don't know if it is different from the one you bought in the 1990s. The copy also indicated the following: [Original recording reissued] [Original recording remastered].

Addendum:

Okay, here is more info. on the album. The item is digitally remastered, and was pressed in 1992. It looks to be the same item that you may have bought. The music publisher's no. is CDP 7243 8 29750 2 1. The most recent date I could find on the item was one of copyright (c1994, included on the inside back cover of the enclosed booklet). Hopefully, you'll be able to determine the differences (if any) between the two recordings. Sorry I don't know for sure.

(I deleted the reviews I had posted of the item when I realized that those pertained to a Japanese import of the album.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks