What's new

Pink Floyd "Pulse" (1 Viewer)

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
I think that we will have to carry on dreaming about The Wall, and maybe Pulse for that matter - the Brain Damage website have this news from 9th Dec

General confusion is now abounding over the status of the long-awaited Pulse DVD. Our last report (read more by clicking the following link) reported on the move to January 16th 2006. However, various sources worldwide are now saying that this date has shifted again - possibly even to late 2006! We've been trying to get a definitive statement from EMI themselves about the date revision, or why it has changed again, but as yet don't have this. Suffice it to say, as soon as we know more, so will you...

I can't believe that if true, a company like EMI could get this so wrong.

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
The Brain Damage site now have confirmation from EMI that the date has slipped AGAIN.
.... there have been further, undisclosed delays which mean that this DVD has been put back again, and no date is currently available.
It is possible that it might appear in March/April, but indeed, could turn out to be later in the year.

So there you have it, another delay, another cock-up in my opinion (having announced the date, and started to run the advertising in UK music magazines).
A totally ridiculous situation, and not surprisingly, no public word or apology from EMI.
Pathetic. :angry:

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Yeah, this is a drag. I pre-ordered my copy from DVD Planet
thinking I was going to get it the week of 12/6, and then
that site pushed the street date back to 1/31/06. I guess
when I go there again, the release date will say something
else, or may not be on the board at all. It's hard to
understand or accept a video release getting delayed
numerous times like Pulse has. :frowning: :thumbsdown:

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
I can certainly understand some of the delays caused by menus, mastering and so on. But like you, I'm astounded that EMI can issue a big press release Autumn 2005, proclaiming worldwide release w/c thh Dec 05, and then slip the date twice, and finally again with no apparent explanation. OK, we have seen pressing issues, distribution issues, but this is getting ridiculous.

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
I heard the title is delayed until June.

Could it be to release it day and date with a Blu-Ray version too? It keeps the advertising hype at a single release date to maximize sales. I believe EMI is in the Blu-Ray camp.

Imagine that...and including lossless audio too...

Mike

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
FWIW, DVD Planet's website has the release date listed at
4/25 now. This will probably change again though.:frowning:

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
no, I'd have said that we're more likely to see a new Pink Floyd album and tour, along with the remastered special edition of Bladerunner .....

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
According to Play.com:
Due for release on 06/03/2006
(that's 6th March, not 3rd June). I've already ranted about this on the Music thread on this issue, but this really is the pits.
As for not releasing the Wall show because of supposedly poor visuals, perhaps Floyd should look sometime at the plethora of bootlegs of their shows on the market. They are snatched up eagerly enough by fans - what on earth makes them think that an official release (with suitable disclaimers about quality, which fans would forgive) wouldn't be received appreciatively and bought in commercially-viable quantities? Let's see, if they announced a release tomorrow, we might expect it to be in the stores by 2010 if they decided to throw caution to the winds and rush-release it. ;)

David Allum

Stunt Coordinator
Another day, another date... Both play.com and amazon.co.uk are now listing the R2 release for February 13.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Excuse me a moment ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

There, I feel better now.

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
It seems that many retailers are inserting purely speculative dates at the moment, there is no official word from EMI/Pink Floyd Management as to the next release date.

Manus

Second Unit
But after all that's gone before , there really bloody well should be , shouldn't there ??
Some days I think the whole industry deserves to collapse and start over :) ( Ahhhhh, Bluray , HD-DVD so maybe they will :emoji_thumbsup: )
~M~

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Hmmm...

Release dates:

DVD Empire: 1/31/06

Deep Discount DVD: 4/25/06

and best of all...Amazon: 1/1/2010...that's right, 2010.

What business do any retailers have making up their own release dates, if they're distributor, or whomever, haven't even told them that it's GOING TO BE released?

They can be given credit in one area: they're amazingly consistent, so far as cover art and release contents.

Bryan

Stunt Coordinator
I think Amazon just uses that date for anything that has passed the release date they were told and it was in fact not released. They did the same thing for A Star Is Born.

Must remember to check on releases before going to the store to buy them.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Wish You Were Here. Instead all we have got is Meddle, encouraging us to act like Animals.

Sorry ... I had a Momentary Lapse of Reason.

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
Andrew,
Either that or Brain Damage. :)
Perhaps 2010 is correct in a Floydian sort of way, after all isn't that the 'year we make contact' ?
To me the song title that really sums this up is
Wot's ... Uh The Deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks