What's new

Pink Floyd "Pulse" (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
OK, and I'm just behind you for The Wall
I wouldn't hold your breath for a release of "The Wall" stage show. Apparently (if I remember what I read correctly) the stage show was filmed but it was botched and much of it was renedered unusable. There are some old threads here about it. VH1 ran a documentary a few years ago called "Pink Floyd: Behind the Wall" that shows a lot of clips from the show. I don't know where you would find it now, but I would imagine it's available "Somewhere"

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Mine started looking weak a few years ago, but battery replacement was easy (it uses 2 AAs for those who haven't opened it) and it's going strong again.
I will confirm that battery replacement is easy. Mine has gone through the original and one replacement. I never replaced it a second time, but maybe I should.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Wonder why their would be two different DD tracks? Seems kinda odd to me...
640 kbps Dolby DIgital is what is used on D-VHS, and it's supposed to be nearly transparent. However, it is outside of the DVD spec, which means that not every DVD player will be able to pass it (though I imagine most will). That is why the 448 track would also need to be included.

-Lyle J.P.

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
That's right, Lyle...I knew it was something like that about DD.

Do you know what I'd love to see? I'm not sure about how many of you love early Floyd (1966-1969), but are any of you interested in seeing early performances or the promotional videos that were shot (I guess we can call them early music videos). I've got tonnes of this stuff but the quality is very variable.

I think a DVD should be released with "The Early Singles" in video.

Heck, we still don't have a current official CD release with all of the early singles.

I think they should tie these two together with the long-overdue releases of "SCREAM THY LAST SCREAM" and "VEGETABLE MAN". Great songs - for those of you who have not heard them.

I love the Barrett and (early) Gilmour era of Floyd.

Mike

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I wouldn't hold your breath for a release of "The Wall" stage show. Apparently (if I remember what I read correctly) the stage show was filmed but it was botched and much of it was renedered unusable. There are some old threads here about it. VH1 ran a documentary a few years ago called "Pink Floyd: Behind the Wall" that shows a lot of clips from the show. I don't know where you would find it now, but I would imagine it's available "Somewhere"
That doesn't sound right. I have a copy from this show that is pro-shot, but it's passed down so many generations that the quality is fair at best. Are you saying the master copy of the show I have has been destroyed?

ChrisKe

Stunt Coordinator
As I recall from various books on the Floyd, the footage looked like it was shot through soup and was not considered to be of sufficient quality for use. Also they had a crane shot during Hey You which never got it's moves right in any of the concerts performed.

To keep this on topic, I'm really looking forward to the Pulse DVD and can now finally toss the crappy VCD I have of this show. The final shots of the pyros around the screen still give me the shivers....

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
So, where is that 'Wish you were here' SACD they talked about which should also be out until the end of the year?

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I have a copy of The wall stage show which looks like crap but its better than nothing. Id love to see an offical release of the show.

The final shots of the pyros around the screen still give me the shivers....
Try seeing Floyd Live! I saw them in 1994 in Oakland, CA. Lets just say Ill never forget it till I die. I still have the tour program and t-shirt from the show. Oh and I will be picking up PULSE right away!

ChrisKe

Stunt Coordinator
Try seeing Floyd Live! I saw them in 1994 in Oakland, CA.
I did see them when they came Down Under on the Momentary Lapse tour. Unfortunately the size of the tour, the distance to Australia and our crappy currency exchange rate at the time meant that the Pulse tour didn't come down here.
They did 7 shows in Melbourne and I was at 4 of them. One of them in the 7th row center and one was front row center (basically at Gilmour's feet).
The arena that they played in Melbourne seats around 14,000 which was both a good and a bad thing. Good in that it was small enough not to be watching tiny pinpricks in the distance and bad in that some of the pyros that would have been used in the big stadiums were not used. The ones around the screen were not used but Run Like Hell was still quite an experience - especially when I was front row...:D

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
Release date for Canada/US confirmed for 6th December.

So, the UK and some European countries on the 5th, Canada/US on the 6th, and remaining regions on the 7th.

Apparently (again from the Brain Damage site) it will be 4:3 format, as this was the ratio that it was originally shot in. A widescreen transfer was attempted but it proved too difficult and was abandoned.

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
An update to those release date everyone - the Brain Damage site is now saying that the US/Canadian release date has been pushed back to 20th Dec, whilst the UK and the rest of the world goes to the 12th December.
I just hope that they stick with those dates :frowning:

JasonTan

Grip
Oh HELL yes. I was actually searching for "floyd" in the general search area by chance and came across this thread. I gave up hope about a year ago for this to ever be released. If this is true and they stick with it i'm going to be an exceedingly happy man.

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
Well, this is getting ridiculous.....
Brain Damage are now reporting ANOTHER DELAY :frowning:
The worldwide release has now been put back until the new year, with the title now scheduled to hit the stores on/around 16th January 2006. This will vary by a few days depending on the country of release.
Presumably, the authoring of the DVD, which was being finished off in the last week or so, has caused the delay, and meant that insufficient time was left for mastering and duplication in time for a December release.

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
Just to add to the debate, I've seen one forum report that states that EMI have pulled it from the release schedule - one member had ordered via CDWow and received this email:

Hello,

Thank you for placing your order with CD WOW!

We are writing to you with regard to your order for Pink Floyd - Pulse P Code 23059 I am afraid that we have been informed that this title has been taken off the realease schedule by EMI, and they have supplied us with no new data. This title will still be released, however it could be released as late as April 2006, unfortunately the decision is not with CD WOW but with the record company. We apologise to you for this but we have only just been informed ourselves.

If you are unwilling to wait and wish to recieve a full refund please reply to the E-mail confirming that you wish to cancel your order.

If you still want to recieve this product when EMI decide to release the title there is no further action that needs to be taken as, when we recieve stock we will ship it out to you automatically.

We at CD Wow hope that you will accept our apologies as this delay is completly outside of our control.

We really do value your ongoing custom and support and we look forward to assisting you again in the future.

WilliamMc

Stunt Coordinator
I have a multi generation copy of the wall show, and it does look and sound bad. However, the clips of the show on the "behind the wall" doc look and sound much much better. I think it could be cleaned up using mondern digital processes and released. I read on the net that Waters recently saw a new transfer of the film and was quite happy with it!!!! As most of my Floyd interest is focused on the wall, this is the concert I've been dreaming about!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks