Pink Floyd PULSE region 0 on Ebay.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lance, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Lance

Lance Auditioning

I have seen several "official factory pressed" dvds of PULSE and DELICATE SOUND OF THUNDER for auction on Ebay. They are regon 0 and in PAL format. Sure would be nice for a region 0 in NTSB. Does anybody know anything official for a US release?

2. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

(It's NTSC. NTSB is the feds who show up at trainwrecks and plane crashes.)

Anyway, Pulse should be coming soon. I just replied in the DSOTM thread in the music forum that a current issue of a magazine has an interview with David Gilmour and he was working on the 5.1 mix of Pulse at the time of the interview.

3. andrew markworthy

I've never heard of a PAL DVD release of either of those titles (though both have been out on VHS). There is certainly a VCD of PULSE (I know, I've got a copy, and it's quite reasonable).

4. Lance

Lance Auditioning

I also have the vcd of PULSE. The quality is of the video is poor in my opinion. I have wanted a dvd version for a long time. But the vcd is better than my vhs copy which doesnt play very well anymore.

5. Lance

Lance Auditioning

Andrew... do a search of Ebay for "PULSE dvd"

6. Wayne Bundrick

There's a lot of Pulse VCDs on Ebay listed as "VCD compatible DVD". A VCD is not a DVD, not by a long shot. If I was feeling especially vindictive I would complain to Ebay about keyword spamming.
    There is one auction which claims to be a real PAL DVD with Dolby Digital 5.1:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1977347224
    But the cover scan does not convince me it is legit. Bootlegs usually have spelling or typographical errors or errors in convention. This cover has several:
    • "THE GREAT GIGIN THE SKY"
    • There's no change in font for the song credits. The words all run together.
    • Speaking of words running together, there's no line break between "One Of These Days" and the "The Dark Side Of The Moon" subtitle for the second act. And no font change there either.
    • Ditto for "Eclipse" and "Encores".
    • The font itself is suspect. It looks like the same font that would be used to make a fake Dolby Digital logo.
    • I think there's not enough artwork on the back, and what is there is too much of a departure from previous releases of Pulse. Too spartan for Storm Thorgerson's covers of late.
    • There are no video credits for director, producer, executive producer, etc.
    • There's no logo for the company that produced it. Maybe it won't be CMV outside the U.S. but any other company would still stick their logo in a corner.
    But in September there was a report by Brain Damage which said Pulse DVD was being going to be released only in Japan on November 27. They gave its catalog number: TOBW-3069, and they said it's on two discs and will cost 5800 Yen.
    http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/general/sep02news.html
    I think it's coming soon to Region 1, and I'll stay away from suspect DVDs coming from Israel.

7. Wayne Bundrick

I just posted this link in the DSOTM DVD-A thread in the music forum but it has to do with Pulse too.
    Here's an interview with David Gilmour from just a few weeks ago:
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...523334,00.html
    If you're not interested in the Gilmour DVD (which I think is fantastic, it's practically a "Pink Floyd Unplugged" concert), you can skip down to the last few paragraphs: