What's new

Pink Floyd "Pulse" concert DVD still isn't out, right? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I've seen Asian VCD's or DVD's (not sure which) on eBay and just wanted to confirm it's still not available in the U.S.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
ScottCHI: Thanks for the link! Looks like the feedback for the audio on this one is all over the board. But, it appears to be only a transfer.

Adrian P: Thanks for the update!

Good info guys, let's hope it's worth the wait!

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
ANy update on this - I'm killing myself for selling my PULSE VHS Tape on eBay thinking it would e out on DVD . . . .SOON!!

Anyone anyone? The one on Amazon is the the REAL one.

Max F

Second Unit
Sorry, i'm a little lazy to look it up, but:

What year was Pulse recorded? After what album? Does it include the original lineup (w/ Roger Waters)?

Thanks.

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
It was before the CD (album??). after Waters left . . .(way after I think) It had awesome sound and color for a VHS tape - probebly the best mix I've ever seen on a tape. Many thought it was dull as the concert was recorded late on the tour and they seem tired but . . . . . it was a great concert video IMHO.

AricB

Second Unit
awesome video, i saw it on Laserdisc. recorded in 94, on tour for the division bell, 10 years after water had left.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor

Pulse is the live album that followed the Division Bell tour.

It was recorded in October of 1994.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
So is this actually going to come out on DVD anytime soon, or should I borrow my friend's laserdisc?

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
According to sources at Brain Damage, there are now a few "issues" with the documentary that need to be ironed out before the disc can be considered as ready for pressing (now where have I heard that before ....:rolleyes:) Pink Floyd management are still hoping that the disc will be released this year, but have warned that it may slip to early next ....

All I can say is - it had better be worth the wait :frowning:

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I heard it's coming out this fall, and it might be a double disc set. This is according to the Pink Floyd & Co website.

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, way back in early summer it was stated that they were hoping for a Sept/Oct release, now it's possible that the date will slip once again. It just seems to be one delay after another, and with the number of official delays, I really do hope that the transfer is spot-on, the audio is faultless, the menus (another area of delay) are superb, the packaging is second to none, and the wealth of extras are worth it.

After all, they have been working on this for ages ..... :)

AricB

Second Unit
does anyone know if it was originally shot with film or video? wondering if this will be widescreen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks