What's new

Pink Floyd...any word at all??? (1 Viewer)

Billy Fogerty

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if there will be dvd's of Delicate Sound of Thunder or Pulse on dvd? They would be outstanding in DTS. I have both on Laserdisc, really hoping that these will be released on dvd. Hoping someone has some input on this.

Billy Fogerty

Stunt Coordinator
Pulse in outstanding on ld. Having it on dvd would be the best. If it was done in DD or DTS it would be fantastic. Can"t figure out why it never has been released on dvd. Pink Floyd at Pompie is out, why not Pulse or Delicate Sound?

greg_t

Screenwriter
Glad to hear about the Pulse laser. I just bought one off ebay today! I kind of wonder though if DD or DTS on dvd could keep up with the lasers PCM track via Prologic 2 or Neo 6 though.

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
Pulse is one that I'm waiting for as well (already have the LD, but am waiting for a DTS, or maybe a DD soundtrack).

Over at www.brain-damage.co.uk they have stated that some elements of the DVD are still being worked on, and another site pinkfloydz.com has stated that Dave Gilmour has finished work on it, and it has been handed over to James Guthrie. There's also some Pulse menu shots taken from Storm Thorgerson's new book on the site.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I just sold off my Pulse LD but I've done a conversion to DVD which which will keep me going 'till the real thing comes out.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
I wish they would release a NON director's cut of Live at Pompeii, as the computer graphic effects I don;t remember being in the original were incredibly crude.

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I'm thinking about doing the same thing with my LD copy (as I suspect the dvd release may be months away still).

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
I've looked and it is just the concert verion, which does not have the studio scenes or interviews in it.

Unless, I'm looking in the wrong place which might be it :)

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Shawn, I'm not at home so I can't check myself but here's a list from Amazon.com:

Region 0 (NTSC format)
Director's cut of the film (anamorphic widescreen)
Original concert film (full screen)
Interview with director Adrien Maben
Pompeii map and history
Lyrics
Photo gallery
Album graphics
Odds 'n' Sods
Full-screen and widescreen anamorphic formats

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

N

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
If you have an urgent need for Pulse, then the VCD version is okay - obviously not as good as the DVD would be, but better than VHS.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

It's the original concert, but not the previous video version that most are aquainted with.

The version that is on laserdisc and VHS is not on DVD. That version was 4:3 full frame with the interstitials but no nasty CGI.

With the DVD, you either get cropped widescreen with CGI, or a version that is 4:3 but doesn't have the interstitials.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks