What's new

PILOT SEASON (a Trio comedy miniseries) (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
If you get the Trio network, I recommend this six-part comedy series that is their first original production. It's a wicked show-business parody that has a kick I haven't felt since The Larry Sanders Show. It's about a struggling agent named Max, who followed his actress-girlfriend, Susan, out to Hollywood only to get dumped. Now Max is hanging on by the skin of his teeth at the management agency where Susan got him a job. It's pilot season, when the networks hear pitches for possible shows and every agent and manager is struggling to position their clients. Max takes a long-shot gamble on a guy who hasn't been on TV for years.

The style is mock-documentary, because Max and Susan were the subject of an unreleased student documentary when they first arrived, and now a new group of students is making a sequel. There's desperation on both sides of the camera.

Featured players include Sarah Silverman, Andy Dick, Bob Cross and Sam Seder, who also directed and co-wrote.

Trio is running marathons of the six episodes back-to-back this weekend, one on Saturday, 9/25, beginning at 10am and one on Sunday, 9/26, beginning at 6pm. Highly recommended.

M.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Bringing this back to the top, because Trio is rebroadcasting the series all this week, having just aired the mockumentary that started it called Who's the Caboose?. (Excerpts from Caboose are included throughout the series.)

This time around, I'm recording it. It's that good.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks