Pikmin: Fun but driving me nuts!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BertFalasco, May 30, 2002.

1. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

I got this game for Christmas (along with a few others [​IMG]) and since I like to totally eliminate games and not waste money, I put it in (first time playing since end of December maybe) and started off on Day 3, as I left off, I had only found 2 parts. It is now, well, on pause..I was gathering yellow Pikmin at the "Impact Site" because in the Forest I ran out of yellow..blah blah blah and I couldn't find the surviving ONE. It just gave me the Hurry message and it's day 7 and I have only found 3 parts. I see 2, one I know how to get to and the other, no clue yet. Not naive or anything, but I don't suck at games. What the hell is up with this game. Was it like this for anyone else, or am I trying too damn hard?
    -Bert

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Your trying too hard[​IMG]
    Its been ages since I beat the game but if I remember correct once I got passed day 3 I was horribly worried that I didn't find a part. Considering the game kind of hand-holds you to believe that the "must find a part a day" mentality is what you should be doing, I dont blame ya for panicking[​IMG].
    But seriously I went 2 days without finding a part and on the 5th day after having collapsed about 3-4 walls and built a bunch of bridges I found 2 or three other parts and moved to the next area. Don't panick if you don't find a part *EVER* day. Most of the time you will be exploring and building up your Pikmin army.

3. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Don't panic is right! In the end, I found Pikmin rather easy, once you got the hang of it and amassed a huge army.
    Check out www.gamefaqs.com if you need help. There are some good maps there.

4. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I certainly hope to see a follow up to Pikmin in the near future.

A few bits of advice on Pikmin:

1) Try not to skip around much. If you leave an area for a day, enemies will reappear, and some obstacles will too (though not walls). This will only extend the time it takes to get to the remaining parts - potentially killing a day without getting a part.

2) Don't think you HAVE to save - you can go back to the beginning of any day if you don't think the day went well. Replaying days is very helpful in getting parts. When I played this way, I averaged 2 parts per day.

3) Not all parts are necessary, and there are 3 endings. One based on getting all 30 parts, one based on getting all necessary parts, and one based on not getting enough parts. I've only seen the "all 30" ending, but it would be nice to see all 3.

4) Play through once to get a feel for the game, and the game maps. Then play again to get a better experience/score.

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I reccommend going through the game twice. The first time, I failed miserably, but the second time I beat it by day 23.