What's new

Piecing together a sound system (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Mike
I'm hoping someone can help me with an inexpensive sound system for our basement. Below is a picture of the layout of the basement.

Here is what I am looking to accomplish:

- Create a home theater area to watch movies and TV.

- Be able to play music stored on Galaxy S3 phones and/or ipod throughout basement (including workshop area). Also play Pandora.

- Be able to run two additional zones this Spring to backyard (top of diagram). One of the zones will be on the back deck right above TV. The other area will be approximately 50' from house (raised deck surrounding part of above ground pool).

Here is what I currently have:

Panasonic 50" plasma tv (on a wood entertainment center)
Denon AVR-1613 (only has one zone) hooked up to TV
Polk Audio TSi CS10 Center channel speaker
Pair of Polk Audio TSi100 Bookshelf speakers
Four LG speakers from a JVC SP THM505 box surround system. They say they are 140W speakers (I believe they are 4 ohms)
Four speakers that came with a JVC SP THM505 box surround system. They say they are 140W speakers. (I believe they are 4 ohms)

From what I understand, I will need to buy a speaker switch to create various zones (I am looking to buy this one http://www.monoprice.com/Product?seq=1&format=2&p_id=8230). Running speaker wire anywhere in the basement isn't an issue as we have a drop ceiling (unfinished in workshop).

Suggestions on how to accomplish this CHEAPLY are greatly appreciated. We are in no way music experts so "average" sound is probably fine. I'm just looking for something basic now that maybe we can upgrade in the future. Thanks!

Attachments

• Basement Layout.jpg
    Basement Layout.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 71
Real Name
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks