1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

picture quality of consoles.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by eric_shepearl, May 10, 2002.

1. eric_shepearl

Does anyone else find picture from XBOX a bit too dark ??

My display is SONY VPL-VW11HT front projector, and I've calibrated it with SMARTII+CC40R filter.

If I feed 480p signal through Hi-Def Pack of XBOX, I always find the picture too dark compared to my DVD player and GameCube.

My DVD player is SONY DVP-S9000ES, and it produce 480p signal.

I don't find picture of GameCube dark, but only my XBOX.

I have to raise brightness only when I play XBOX. But since I do not have a DVD kit for XBOX, I cannot calibrate my XBOX projector. But again, I don't think buying a DVD kit would solve this problem since XBOX only produce 480i with DVD titles. Interlaced signals are about 30% brighter than progressive signals.

Does anyone know a way of setting a correct brightness for XBOX with displays ??

2. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

Reuben
    Same.

I have trouble seeing things in Halo....it's slightly blurry too (Svideo), but mostly dark (part of the atmosphere I guess).

-ELmO

3. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

Hmm... I've never had problems in Halo...

You might just turn the brightness up a couple of notches...

But I usually play everything on the X-Box at my default ISF-calibrated settings... I have noticed that certain tracks in Rallisport Challenge can be a little dark, but if it really bothered me, I would just increase the brightness a touch.