What's new

picture quality of consoles. (1 Viewer)

Does anyone else find picture from XBOX a bit too dark ??

My display is SONY VPL-VW11HT front projector, and I've calibrated it with SMARTII+CC40R filter.

If I feed 480p signal through Hi-Def Pack of XBOX, I always find the picture too dark compared to my DVD player and GameCube.

My DVD player is SONY DVP-S9000ES, and it produce 480p signal.

I don't find picture of GameCube dark, but only my XBOX.

I have to raise brightness only when I play XBOX. But since I do not have a DVD kit for XBOX, I cannot calibrate my XBOX projector. But again, I don't think buying a DVD kit would solve this problem since XBOX only produce 480i with DVD titles. Interlaced signals are about 30% brighter than progressive signals.

Does anyone know a way of setting a correct brightness for XBOX with displays ??

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
Same.

I have trouble seeing things in Halo....it's slightly blurry too (Svideo), but mostly dark (part of the atmosphere I guess).

-ELmO

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Hmm... I've never had problems in Halo...

You might just turn the brightness up a couple of notches...

But I usually play everything on the X-Box at my default ISF-calibrated settings... I have noticed that certain tracks in Rallisport Challenge can be a little dark, but if it really bothered me, I would just increase the brightness a touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Successful Funds
Recent bookmarks