Picture Problem

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mike Brenton, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Mike Brenton

Mike Brenton Extra

I've got a Toshiba TP50G50 and its about 5 years old. Just recently I,ve started to get some lines on the screen. There is about 8 of them and they are multi colored, curved up wards near the top of the screen. They don't quite go to the outside of the screen. They stay on the screen for a bit and then disappear, all this is random. It happens on cable,DVD,VHS,S Video and Component hookups. Any experts out there with suggestions before I have to load that brute up and take it to the shop.

Thanks, Mike B

2. Mike Brenton

Mike Brenton Extra

TV is still acting up with the red, blue and green lines at the top of the screen. Just wondering about possibilities of the problem since I don't know much about RP TV's. Is there a circut board going, do I need something cleaned or re calibrated. Any suggestions would help (especially if I call a service tech in)so I can understand what might be wrong.

3. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

How thick or thin? Where exactly do they run? Moving or still?

Could be reflections off of something shiny inside the TV cabinet, only showing up if a particular spot in the picture is bright.

Video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

4. Mike Brenton

Mike Brenton Extra

They are single thin lines with a slight curve upwards at the top 1/3 of the screen. They also can increase in space between them to about halfway down the screen. As for movement it seems to be a up and down fast flicker. Also when they are on screen and there is a black image they are not visible on the black. The top 2 to 3 inches of the screen is also distorted when this is happening.

Mike B