What's new

Picture problem on the internet (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey guys, as some of you may or may not know from my last thread; I now am surfing the internet via broadband (cable modem to be specific) and I'm loving it. Anyways, I have kind of a weird problem going on now that I've got broadband and I was wondering if someone could help me. The problem is that it seems like ever since I got cable I'm having problems loading up pictures when I go to a website. The problem seems to happen alot here on HTF, where the page opens but some the stuff doesn't and instead is shown by those little white boxes with the X in them. I can easily remedy this by going up to the affected area and right clicking and going to "Show Picture." The problem is easy to fix but I'd just like to know why it is happening now that I got broadband when it never happened with dial-up. Is there a setting I need to change in Internet Explorer? What could be causing this? Thanks.

DanaA

Screenwriter
I was really hoping someone would address Keith's concern here, as I sometimes have the same problem.

I will try to relate something that has helped me on a couple of sites Keith. Once on the site, I click on tools, then go to Internet Options. After clicking on that, I click on the Security tab at the top, then you will see 4 icons at the top of the page. Click on trusted sites. Then, you will see a "Sites" button. Click on this and then enter the internet address of the place you're having problems with. Note that instead of http: to start the address, put in https: I've used this method twice, both times successfully. I figured it out when I wanted to download (a) nature pictures from a site which I wanted to use for wallpaper and (b) when I wanted to download the new version of DVD Profiler which it wouldn't do until I made this adjustment.

I tried this on Windows XP. Hope it helps and also hope that other, more computer literate types, will chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks