What's new

Picture in Picture? (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Hi. I have a new 32" WEGA with a dual-tuner for Picture in Picture. The problem is I have a digital cable BOX, not just a cable wire in. Some friends of mine told me I could buy some kind of splitter so that the VCR got a cable wire and the cable box got a cable wire. The Picture-in-Picture would be from the VCR not from the cable wire. Is this right? Another problem is that my VCR only goes to channel 69, none higher. Do VCR's go into the hundreds of channels? Should I return the TV for the 32" w/o PiP?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Probably want to ask in the TV/Projectors area.
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)
[Edited last by John Garcia on November 17, 2001 at 11:18 AM]

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The only way to get the regular picture and the PIP to show all of the channels is get two digital cable boxes. If you use a regular coax splitter and split the cable before the box, then you can feed one tuner the analog channels. The other tuner will work as usual using the digital cable box.
-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks