What's new

Picture-in-picture: an expensive feature? (1 Viewer)

Brad_V

Second Unit
It seems to be about a $150-$200 or so feature. Not many models are offered both with and without it, but around $150-$200-ish seems about right.

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator
What they really need to offer is no-tuner PIP (instead of 2-tuner PIP). How many of us still use the internal tuner of a TV? Many (most?) either have cable or satellite these days. That SHOULD reduce the cost of the TV.

What I want is a high-end, large screen TV with no tuners, and no SPEAKERS! Does anybody make such a thing? I'm sure that if they do, it's MORE expensive, instead of less. Anyway, sorry for the mini rant!

John Chevalier

Stunt Coordinator
i'm not into pip. I mean, i dont see any realy point in it. YOu could really only concentrate on one program at a time. So why not just switch back and forth?

John Chevalier

Stunt Coordinator
yeah, i guess that would be a good use for it. Probably the only one. But yeah, i wouldn't care if my tv didn't have it.

Rob Dawn

Stunt Coordinator
Come on guys, doesn't anyone use PIP on Saturdays & Sundays in the Fall -> for football season?! Whenever you see something exciting happen in the PIP window, you can jump to that game in less than a second!

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks