Picture has gone haywire !!! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Steven_Lazarus, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Steven_Lazarus

Steven_Lazarus Stunt Coordinator

Woke up on the couch this morning and my picture is all out of whack??? fell asleep at midnight or so and at five it looked like this!! just remove spaces in h t t p..... Thanks for any advice....

h t t p://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hockey_in_italy/detail?.dir=/7628&.dnm=9469.jpg
    h t t p://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hockey_in_italy/detail?.dir=/7628&.dnm=e7b6.jpg

h t t p://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hockey_in_italy/detail?.dir=/7628&.dnm=9703.jpg

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Looks like the part after u've done some retouching on ur convergence inside the service menu. My guess is ur convergence board is outta wack. Time to call it in.

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Just looks misconverged. Perhaps it got reset somehow or lost it's settings. Try reconverging and see if it holds it or not.

4. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
  5. Steven_Lazarus

Steven_Lazarus Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the input guy's, I took the pictures to the repair shop at the NEX (Navy Exchange) here on base. I'm stationed in Italy so I don't have much of a choice for repairs. I spoke with the Italian repair guy and he said that these JVC's had alot of problems with a transistor on the circuit board that deals with the convergence. As a matter of fact there were three JVC's in the shop for repairs of some sort. I just bought the TV last Friday so needless to say I exchanged it for the Samsung "Tantus" HCM553W to avoid possible reoccurences of the same problems. The Samsung's picture seems strange due to the weird screen, but I'm sure I'll adjust. It's to bad, the JVC had a great picture but it leaves alot to be desired in the reliability category.