Pics?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MatthewLei, Jan 14, 2002.

1. MatthewLei

MatthewLei Extra

Well I had no idea what forum to ask this in so I just felt this would be the best one. I just got a digicam which is a Kodak dc3200. It's only 1.3 megapixals but it's a huge step up from my 640x480 or whatever that iomagic junk was. Well anyways it takes great pics of everything EXCEPT my tv screen when it's turned on. Everyone I know that posts setup pics has a nice pic with their screen turned on. Does anyone know how I can make it so the tv screen isn't so blurry in pics? Here's an example: http://www.geocities.com/milleniaskye/games.jpg
    Thank you so much for any help

2. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

Matt,

Your link didn't work for me, but a few suggestions. Keep the camera as still as possible. Use the eyepiece to take the picture - to help stableize the camera to your face. Try pics in all the different flash modes - but no flash will probably work best. Make sure all your settings are correct - like closeup vs. distance setting.

3. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    At the very least, you MUST use a tripod.

4. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

Even if you have a tripod if the shutter speed is too slow then you won't get a good picture. The problem is that the shutter is open while the image on the screen is changing. If you can't speed up the shutter then there's nothing you can do about it (other than pausing the video).

5. Kurt B

Kurt B Stunt Coordinator

If memory serves me, when I used to take pics of computer monitors and tv's back in the old days of film photography, I used a tripod as the others mentioned and also set the shutter speed to 1/60th of a second, the refresh rate.

~Kurt

6. MatthewLei

MatthewLei Extra

Hi, thanks guys. I'm able to get some decent shots of the homeshopping channel , I guess it's because they barely ever move. Yet when I try to take screenshots of Crouching tiger everyone is blurry during action screens. Pausing does fix this. Oh well it looks like I won't be taking pics during Iron Chef..

Yes I know.. I'm weird.

7. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Everything they said above - and one remark: many pictures on screens you see in real life, aren't true photographs at all. They often used an image editor program to paste a beautiful picture in the area of the screen or TV.
    And made it a bit less perfect even, to increase credibility.
    [​IMG]
    Cees