What's new

Pics (1 Viewer)

Rex.G

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, Let me start by saying that I don't consider what I have a "theater". It is however where I spend many hours enjoying movies. I live in a small apartment because I am saving for a house. I thought I would share what I have done.

Current set up:
Toshiba 40h80 Monitor
Toshiba SD3750 DVD
Pioneer VSX-D409 Receiver 5.1 DD & DTS
Bic Venturi DV52si Mains and surrounds
Bic Venturi DV53CLR Center
Sony SA-WM500 Sub
2 Bass Shakers (one in each chair)

The speaker stands and DVD rack I made myself for a grand total of around $27. Any comments, questions or suggestions are more than welcome.

Here are the pics.

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Peter, it looks like a great place to relax and watch movies. Uh, except for the switchblade on the table. ;)

But seriously, thats a good setup, especially for an apt. Hey, your TV is bigger than mine, thats for sure.

TomBarnard

Grip
I second that. Nice setup. I, like you, spent many humble years in an apartment driving my neighbors insane. In the case of home theater, it truly isn't the size that counts. In many cases, it is creative problem solving to find the best solution for your given situation. Your system and setup is fantastic for your needs and space. "Theater" is defined on a basis of function, not screen size. My wife calls our home theater the living room. She's a bit deluded. It is definitely a theater. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks