Pics of the HT room finally done! Thank you to this forum..

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Curt Luther, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Curt Luther

Curt Luther Stunt Coordinator

After close to a year of blood, sweat and tears....literally, our HT room is just about done.We started the room from scratch and worked on it when we had the time and money. The only thing left is some sort of artwork on the walls, and a new audio stand. We will be adding a motorized curtain for the screen at a later date too. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has helped me with ideas and colors and design. A special thanks to Eric and E-cinema who gave me alot of help. Please let me know what you think.

The equipment list is as follows:

Projector= Sanyo Z2
    Reciever= Yamaha R-V 1105
    DVD= Panasonic DVDS47
    Front speakers= Eosone RSF 1000 ea. has two 120w subs
    Center & Rear= Eosone Matches for the fronts
    Screen= Carada 104" Classic Cinema White
    Remote= Sony RM-AV 3000 touch screen
    Lighting control= Smart Home remote control lighting

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/gallery/luthertheater

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Curt:

Looks great. How many people can you seat in the room at one time anyway?

How does the Carada look with the Z2? Do you have any screen shots done?

Parker

3. Curt Luther

Thank you Parker. I can seat as many as 12 at once. I am sure that won't happen very often though. I don't have any screen shots yet, my camera is awful, I am planning to get a new one very soon. As I said in my original post. I am grateful for the help I recieved in this forum. I never would of been inspired or had the knowledge to do this otherwise. The Carada looks fantastik with the Z2. I am very happy with it.

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Nice looking theatre room. The walls are gray right?

5. Curt Luther

Yes, the walls are dark ash and the trim is evening hush from Home Depot. The lower part of the walls are a grey color marine carpet with a 1/2" of fiber sound board under that which is over the drywall and it does a great job to eliminate echo, those ideas came from Erik at E-Cinema.
    Thank you for the compliment Neil.

6. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Curt:

Well, when you can get some other pictures taken you know where you can post 'em.

I know you are enjoying your HT very much.

7. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

Your room turned out GREAT! [​IMG]
    What does your family and friends think of it?

8. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Wow! I think that's even better looking than my local art house theater!

Congrats!

9. Mike V

Mike V Stunt Coordinator

Nice room Curt! Please do post some screenshots when your get your new camera. I will purchasing a Z2 soon and the Carada is on my short list of screens so I'm glad to hear your happy with it. What is your throw distance? Have you done any tweaking to the Z2?

10. Curt Luther

Thank you for the kind words everyone. Mike...my throw distance is just a hair over 12', it believe it is 12'3. I did have to do some tweaking to it. I did have some vertical banding, but I found some adjustment settings that I made in the service menu and it took all the vertical banding away. I am very happy with the Z2 and the Carada combo, I am sure you will enjoy yours as well. I looked at all screen options out there and the Carada was by far the best choice.
    Brian, my family and friends love it, my family has seen the progress of the room since I started last summer, my brother in law wants me to help him build one...he just has to sell my sister on it now [​IMG]

11. Mike V

Mike V Stunt Coordinator

Curt,

I assumed I would need to do some tweaking and you just confirmed it. At the risk of being a pest I would like to ask you a couple other questions I thought of...What mount did you choose for the PJ? or did you DIY? And what format did you decide to go with for your screen, 1:85, 1:78?

Thanks!

12. Curt Luther

Mike,

You are not being a pest at all. I know I asked a TON of questions in this forum and it helped alot.
    I did a DIY mount that I followed from plans from this forum. It is just some 1/4" plexiglass and 1 1/4" pipe. It cost about $20 to make it I think it turned out good. The other mounts on the market run about $150-$200. I got the plans from the link below. He has detailed step by step plans with pics. I also used a few other ideas from there when building my room. On the screen I chose the 1:78 format. Hope that helps, feel free to ask me any other questions.

http://www.devotionsbyerik.com/E-Cinema.htm

13. Pus Suchre

Pus Suchre Stunt Coordinator

Wow- movie party at your house!

14. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Very nicely done. I love the number of people you can accomedate. I wish I could go for traditional home theater chairs, it would make life a whole lot more simpler, but I just gotta a some kinda of recliner setup, just my preference.

But I do like the way your theater looks with the theater chairs.

15. Curt Luther

Thanks La Marcus....I actually was going to go with some sort of recliner seating, but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on these seats. They are pretty comfortable..but not as much as what your theater seat are. Your theater looks great as well.