Pics of Resident Evil 0 for Gamecube

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cameron Seaman, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

2. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

Unless the game is pioneering new patented glaucoma-vision (tm), I definitely want better screen shots too [​IMG]
    Ten to one says Billy Cohen ends up being the guy who gets taken for a certain project in Res Evil 3, ahem cough cough.

3. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    I can't justify buying Resident Evil 1 for the GC because it's just a re-hash, but I might get this one.

4. Cameron Seaman

Don't forget how much they changed the re-release of the first Resident Evil so that it would appeal to veteran players.

5. Demetri K

Demetri K Stunt Coordinator

Acctually I have Resident evil for gamecube(jp). I can say that it is well worth the money. Even if you played the original one.

6. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    Travis
    What makes you think that Resident Evil for the GC is a "re-hash"?
    Everything I have read on it leads me to believe that it is virtually a new game and it has very little resemblance to the PS1 version.
    New areas, puzzles, monsters, improved graphics and sound? I'm there baby!
    Re-hash?? No Way![​IMG]

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Go the simplest route and make a friend buy it and lend it to you. This way, you don't waste money buying or renting it, and you still get to see how it is.

Anyway, RE0 has sounded good since the beginning (I think). Can't wait for it to finally be out.

8. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson

9. Paul Richardson

Paul Richardson Second Unit

According to all reports I've seen, the Gamecube Resident Evil is 100% new graphics and sound, and 70% new storyline. For all intents and purposes, it's a new game.

10. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

I got the Cube simply for RE. My beloved Dreamcast simply is there for RE CODE VERONICA and RE 2 and NEMESIS. I just hope the Cube has more staying power than Nintendo 64 had in it.

11. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

RE1 (GCN) is more of a reinvisioning of the first game than a remake. Its changed in pretty much every way (control system is the same, I think, and even that has been modified).

12. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Here are some clearer shots I found. I got them on my site for you guys to look at:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully these aren't too big. Mods if there are any problems with the size let me know and Ill change them to links.
    As for the game itself, its using the exact same graphics engine as the RE remake. (The model for Rebecca looks identical). Lets hope they make some good innovative gameplay changes (I've already heard the item boxes are gone and you will be able to switch between characters in game.).

13. Mark Evans

Thanks Romier!
    I still don't like the look of that second pic, but the rest are varying degrees of cool. The very first pic you've put up there is just sweet.
    For some reason the rest of them remind me of the mid-game portion of Nemesis... Yes Capcom, give in to temptation and re-do all your Resident Evil games like you're re-doing the first one!! [​IMG]
    Don't I wish...

14. Cameron Seaman

Awesome.

Thanks Romier!

15. Scott L

Scott L Producer

In the latest EGM it talks about RE for GC. They said gameplay is virtually all new, with the zombies doing many different things like running at you screaming, staying where you killed them and *maybe* [​IMG] waking up again searching for you, and much more. Reading the feature convinced me to put down a deposit on the game, and I'm not even an RE fan whatsoever.

16. Romier S

Romier S Producer

17. Mark Evans

Romier, total agreement. People really kvetch about the Res Evil control scheme, but I personally think that once you get past the noxious learning curve (trust me, I had to play Resident Evil 2 twice before I decided to buy it [​IMG] ) the control is about as good as you can get it for this kind of game.
    I know people loved DMC's control, but I found it jarring as hell because you were pressing one direction when the screen changed and then were running one way while pressing the other. Disconcerting.
    Of course, the real solution to this would be to give players choice between both types of control schemes.
    In the next two days I will be buying my GameCube, then I have a whole month to gorge myself on RE before Eternal Darkness comes out [​IMG]

18. Romier S

Romier S Producer

19. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think the thing that really makes this game different is the experience. The basic storyline is the same, but the graphics, backgrounds, character models, and even the storyline events have been drastically redone.

I try to look at this game as a reimagining. Its the same game, but they would have made it like this had they been able to.

20. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

I saw the Japanese version at EB last night. I was so impressed I put my money down for a pre-order right there and then. I've played through all the RS series with the exceptionof the first one, I'm excitedto say the least.