What's new

Pics of our new HT (1 Viewer)

BrianKR

Second Unit
Excellent room Ron! :emoji_thumbsup:
What type of chairs are they?
Did you find them in a local retail store near your home? No place in my area sold any chairs like those

Domonic A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Domonic Ableidinger
You have done a job to be proud of Ronald!! Let us know when you get the curtain up, I curious to see how it looks as we talked before my room set up is very similar.

I would assume you are using an IR emitter for the rack of components. How good does it work?

Ronald.H

Agent
Thanks to all on the compliments. It's been a few days since I've been able to get on the board, so I'll try to answer some of the questions.

First, the projector is a PLUS Piano Avanti. The 4:3 picture is probably from a commercial on one of the HD channels on our cable system.

I do have an IR emitter mounted at the bottom of the screen sending the signals to the equipment, which is located behind the door at the front right of the room. That door also allows access to the extra 3 feet of storage space we left behind the screen wall.

The chairs are Berklines. We bought them at Benchmark here in KC, and I believe they are available online at www.behome.com.

Now that the room's been done a few days, I can report that it is perfect. We've used it for movies ("Twister" the other day, "Kim Possible" right now), as well as plain old TV (though the standard cable channels leave a lot to be desired when blown up to 92"). Sunday, we had a houseful here to watch the Chiefs game. All five Berklines were full, along with all the bar stools and 4 game table chairs.

We do love the curved stairs (we have them upstairs too), but the hand rail did turn out to be a problem. In the end, however, it did turn out nicely.

I'll try to get some more pics taken once we get the pinball machine and popcorn machine in place.

Thanks again to all! The advice on this board helped alot in this process.

Ron

Ronald.H

Agent
I've added a few new pics to my Ofoto Album. Just click the link for my homepage (right above this message), then click the "View Photos" button (no need to sign in, I don't think). The new ones are all the way at the bottom.

Not much new other than stocking the DVD shelf, and adding a Theatre of Magic pinball machine. (addicting!)

The black velvet curtain that will help close off the theater for serious movie watching will hopefully be installed in the next week or so. I'll try to update with those pictures when it's done.

Thanks for all of your help, suggestions, compliments, etc.

Cheers!
Ron

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Looks very good. My next goal is to change the colour of the front wall as you did in order to boost the perceived contrast ratio.

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Very nice!

Good one Jon_Are.
"By the way, you're out of Diet Coke & Sprite".

I used to have a Pepsi cooler but sold it because we had too many things like a full size freezer, refridgerator, microwave, etc.

I either plan on getting a small soda cooler or a Maytag Skybox.

Cut and paste in your browser.
http://geocities.com/myhometheater/pepsifridge.jpg

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Wow, very nice Ronald. I love the bar in the back. I have a similar layout as yours, with a curtain separating two rooms but I haven't done much with the room in the back yet. I'd love to build a bar back there.

Congrats man. Great Theater!

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,

Great work and congratulations on your completed theater!!! We need to hook up since we are so close... I am in Olathe. Heck, I'll just send ya a private email.

Great job!

Gregg Z

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Ron,

Looks great! Couple quick questions: How wide is your room? And how far back from the screen are the triple seats and the single seats?

Ronald.H

Agent
I'm not home with a tape measure, so I'm just guessing here. The room is about 12 1/2 feet wide. From the screen to the single seats is probably around 9 feet. To the back row is about 13 or 14 feet. Again, just guesses.

Those front two seats are a bit too close for my tastes. But my kids don't mind sitting up there.

I'll measure tonight to see how accurate these guesses are.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks