What's new

Pics of our engagament! (1 Viewer)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
We got engaged on my b-day weekend of Aug 31. We are planning a wedding for Dec 27 for 60-80 people. This is what we have accomplished in one week:
secured church/reception site
selected flowers
selected photographer
purchased bride's dress
purchased maid of honour and matron of honour dresses
selected groom's, best man's, and ring bearer's outfit
selected flower girl's dress
selected a caterer...but will look at others and compare
found the cakemaker...we now need to choose the design
picked out the music that we will march up on...
lots of smaller details left but we got most of the "big 10" done in no time. granted we are having a small wedding...i don't understand why people need at least one year to plan one day.
here is the link to the pics...enjoy!
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b30a5fb2a44d

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
Congrats Drew...that's really cool that you have a bunch of pictures of the actual moment.

I've probably seen you skating around Calhoun, I go almost every day. I live just a few blocks from the concession stand/restroom building on Lake Street (shown in the third and fifth picture).

Cam S

Screenwriter
Congrats on the engagement Drew!!! The next few months are gonna be busy busy busy!!

Jagan Seshadri

Supporting Actor
Drew and Colleen, Congratulations!

That idea to take pictures of the engagement is one I'll have to use when I'm at that stage in my life! What a great idea!

All the best!

-JNS

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Mark, I'm glad you're taking advantage of that great location. I lived on Calhoun Pkwy in an apartment overlooking the lake for a year and a half. I wished I had done more activities around the lake. I find myself at Calhoun more since I'm now in Eagan!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Definately a cool distraction idea, and you have pix of the moment. I just totally fooled my fiance for her birthday a few months ago, and it went over so well that I also wish I had some pix of that moment.
I made a fake birthday cake that asked her in the icing, so she was similar to your fiancee, all comfortable and normal and then suddenly shocked. :)
When a great plan comes together like that it's the best. But you have the pictures to prove it. ;)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Congratulations to Drew and Colleen! Those are some nice pictures.

I proposed in June and we are now planning our wedding for next summer. I can't believe how much you have already accomplished! We have a ceremony site, officiant, reception site (food/beverages included), rehearsal dinner site, and invitations. I am starting to look into photographers and DJs. Heather is looking at flowers and dresses and working on the color scheme.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Congratulations! As for your engagement and wedding plans, just remember to sit back, answer "Sure, that sounds good to me..." and watch the circus!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks