Pics of my theater project

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by mark_th, Mar 13, 2002.

1. mark_th

mark_th Extra

Here are some pictures of my home theater project. I'm currently in the final stages and can't wait to finish. I started it last Spring and after taking the summer off(had to do outdoor projects you know), I started up again in November and have been working on it every weekend since. It shouldn't be much longer now.
    http://homepage.mac.com/marjen/PhotoAlbum.html

2. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Thanks for sharing. Looks great. Aren't you glad you took pictures from the very beginning? I know, from experience, that sometimes the last thing one thinks about is taking pictures in the excitement of getting things going, but not only does this provide a nostalgic glance back at the whole process, it also provides wire, etc. location information for future renovations as well.

And with digital photography it's very easy to take a large number of pictures, using the best ones for a website like this and saving some of the others for reference purposes.

Take care.

3. mark_th

mark_th Extra

I agree. When we built the house, I was horrible about taking pictures. I think I have like 10 pictures of the whole house going up. With all that was involved it seems I never got around to taking pictures. I made sure for this project that I did take pictures at each of the major steps. As you say it is also a great reference in case I ever need it.

4. Mike H Wizard

Mike H Wizard Stunt Coordinator

Hi Mark,

Very Nice Looking...

Someday I will have my own dedicated Home Theater Room...

I am currently in the process of trying to plan out my Family Room in our new Townhome, that my wife and I will be moving into come July...

Could you please tell me what Speaker Wire you used?

Thank you in advance,

Mike

5. mark_th

mark_th Extra

I used home depot 12 gauge speaker wire.

6. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Also available from Parts Express. "SoundKing" 12 gauge OFC (Oxygen Free Copper). Very flexible, very nice, not very expensive (compared to some of the speaker wire out there).
    Here's a link to the 100' rolls (under 30 cents a foot.)
    I found 12 gauge to be the best overall wire for just about all HT speaker applications.