Pics of my Tempest Sonosub (Finally)!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff lam, Aug 2, 2002.

1. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    I finished this thing probably over 3 months ago but just got around to developing and scanning the pics. Now I don't have a digital camera and I only had one shot at the pics so bare with them.
    So here they are:
    Here is the tube, endcap plugs, my trusty DW621 (new fav tool), and my workspace on my patio.
    Pic1
    Here is the tempest test mounted in the bottom endcap.
    Pic2
    Here is the method I used to get the most surface area contact to my flared port. Thanks to Pat Sun for helping me with this method.
    Pic3
    This is the sub installed before I put on the baseplate. It also shows the Binding posts I used.
    Pic4
    This is the flush mounted port grill.
    Pic5
    This is the sub from a floor view.
    Pic6
    Sub next to the Audio Rack Entertainment center. (I kind of choped of one side of the sub)
    Pic7
    So after all that, I still don't have a pic of the whole complete sub. Maybe I'll take one sometime.
    Anyway, I'm very happy with it. This is the 175L, 17.5Hz tuning, .577Q Tempest design by Dan W powered by a Crown CE1000. It stands at 4'4" If I remember correctly and uses a, 18" diameter tube. This thing is very strong and goes real low. More than enough for me in my current place.
    Just thought I'd share with all of you.

2. Casey H

Casey H Stunt Coordinator

Jeff,
    Very nice! Looks like a winner! [​IMG]

3. Ronnie Ferrell

Ronnie Ferrell Second Unit

4. ChrisAttebery

Ronnie,

Funny how great minds think alike, eh? First thing I made with my Jasper Jig was a couple sub bases, one with a 1.25" hole and another with a 2" hole.

That 621 router is great. It's my first, but I've used some older ones in the past and this thing makes them look stone aged by comparison.

Chris