1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Pics of my HT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Strassburg, May 12, 2002.

1. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

I ended up making a home page to post the pics.
    It's a pretty basic HT set-up, but the family and I really enjoy it.
    I currently can't use the DIY KLF-10 CC as it's causing interference with the TV even though I used bucking magnets. It's sitting atop a pair of KLF-10's that will be my back centers when I get room for them. I'm probably going to build a new stand to raise the TV and place the CC underneath.
    I still need to paint the amp box, but just haven't had time. Grills look MUCH better in person.
    Here's my current set-up:
    RCA 36"
    Denon 3802
    Toshiba SD-1700 DVD player
    KLF-30 mains
    C7 CC - soon to be DIY KLF-10
    KLF-20 surrounds
    KLH monitors for back center. Will need a bigger room for the KLF-10's
    Dual Tempest sonosub
    Follow the link...and tell me what ya think.
    http://www.geocities.com/mlstrass/myhometheater.html

2. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Dang Mike. That dual tempest is HUGE!! HOLY MOLY! [​IMG] [​IMG] How does it sound? [​IMG]
    BTW, nice lookin setup. The "driver's seat" sure looks mighty comfy! [​IMG]

3. Mike Strassburg

Jeffrey,
    Thanks for taking a look at my set-up. The "tower of power" is truly amazing. LOUD/LOW/CLEAN bass for movies and music. I've always got it set on "kill" and it never ceases to amaze me.
    A friend of my teenage son was back from college the other week and they were checking out the killer system in his car. Of course I tell him that my house will hit just as hard and he starts to laugh, but my son knows better. I give him a little demo and the expression was priceless [​IMG]

4. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Man, that's a nice looking system. Nice to see a fellow Klipsch fan [​IMG]

5. Bill_Weinreich

Bill_Weinreich Second Unit

Looks deadly[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Got any teeth left?
    Glad to see you get a page up.
    Bill

6. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Mike!!!! No wonder you wanted to post your pictures!! First off the whole setup is wonderful. Secondly, the Dual Tempest sub is awesome!! I will now have to call my Octosub 'The Son of a Beast!! [​IMG]
    Oh no!! I'm getting emotional again.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :b [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Good quality bass makes my emotions run wild!!

7. Kevin Beck

Kevin Beck Stunt Coordinator

Mike,..
    Looks good to me man,....I'm still strugling with finding a TV. Just when did you do the demo for the kids? I think I heard something rumbling down here at my house the other day,....[​IMG] ( inside joke, I live two hours from Mike )
    >>>--->

8. Mike Strassburg

CamS,
    Gotta love those horns! What speakers are you using?
    Martice,
    Thanks for the compliments. I was actually considering doing something like your sub, but it would have been waaay too much work. I prefer to keep it simple and spend more time enjoying the end results.
    "Good quality bass makes my emotions run wild!!"
    And if played loud/low enough it just might make your bowels run wild....aka "the brown note" [​IMG]
    Kevin,
    Where are you located? If you're ever going to be near me, let me know as I'd be glad to give you a demo.
    UPDATE: Teenager 8 houses down the block was over today and said that last week his mother "heard a thunderstorm" coming from our house! Seriously. And I'm considering building a second one. YES, I am sick.... :b

9. Mike Strassburg

I live about 1/2 way between Chicago/Milwaukee so if any members are close by and would like a demo just shoot me an e-mail...

10. Kevin Beck

Mike,..

I was just up in Grayslake for a few days. I wish I had seen your post a bit earlier. I would have made a run over there.

Almost bought a TV today,..time is drawing near. Have to run to Az. for a week, but will be back on the trail soon after. I'm ready to enjoy some movies,...

>>>-->

11. Mike Strassburg

Kevin,
    Next time you're heading up my way shoot me an e-mail so we can set something up....Mike
    P.S. Actually I probably could have cranked it up enough to be heard in Grayslake [​IMG]

12. Kevin Beck

Ha! I beleive it,...[​IMG]
    >>>--->

13. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

take off the mirrors [​IMG]
    Like the DIY work, those dual tempests could probably take a lot of cars out. I have a single tempest w/ 200 watt amp in adire alignment in my 4runner. It's caused some ear pain in the past so I'm thinking of taking it out.
    A few days ago I drove around campus with a buddy and we ran some crossover tests, thx intros, and test tones with the windows down. A majority of ppl would look and then walk normally. Only a few guys would smile and appreciate the message of loud and clean bass. [​IMG]
    Anyways the interior of your HT looks modern and the sofas look cozy. Actually that chair looks mighty comfy.

14. Mike Strassburg

So far I've got 2 votes saying remove the mirrors, but still not enough to over-ride the wife as she likes em [​IMG]
    Sofa/chair can be MIGHTY comfy, but I've been working way too much lately to enjoy either. I ref ice hockey in my free time (which lately I have NONE), but luckily the season ends in 3 weeks.
    I had considered replacing the 8" Bazooka in my car, but figure a Shiva or Tempest would over-power the rest of my system. I could you could always turn it down....NOT!!
    I should have the new CC in place this weekend as I finished painting the stand for it a few minutes ago.