1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Pics of my HT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Strassburg, May 12, 2002.

1. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

I ended up making a home page to post the pics.
    It's a pretty basic HT set-up, but the family and I really enjoy it.
    I currently can't use the DIY KLF-10 CC as it's causing interference with the TV even though I used bucking magnets. It's sitting atop a pair of KLF-10's that will be my back centers when I get room for them. I'm probably going to build a new stand to raise the TV and place the CC underneath.
    I still need to paint the amp box, but just haven't had time. Grills look MUCH better in person.
    Here's my current set-up:
    RCA 36"
    Denon 3802
    Toshiba SD-1700 DVD player
    KLF-30 mains
    C7 CC - soon to be DIY KLF-10
    KLF-20 surrounds
    KLH monitors for back center. Will need a bigger room for the KLF-10's
    Dual Tempest sonosub
    Follow the link...and tell me what ya think.
    http://www.geocities.com/mlstrass/myhometheater.html

2. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Dang Mike. That dual tempest is HUGE!! HOLY MOLY! [​IMG] [​IMG] How does it sound? [​IMG]
    BTW, nice lookin setup. The "driver's seat" sure looks mighty comfy! [​IMG]

3. Mike Strassburg

Jeffrey,
    Thanks for taking a look at my set-up. The "tower of power" is truly amazing. LOUD/LOW/CLEAN bass for movies and music. I've always got it set on "kill" and it never ceases to amaze me.
    A friend of my teenage son was back from college the other week and they were checking out the killer system in his car. Of course I tell him that my house will hit just as hard and he starts to laugh, but my son knows better. I give him a little demo and the expression was priceless [​IMG]

4. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Man, that's a nice looking system. Nice to see a fellow Klipsch fan [​IMG]

5. Bill_Weinreich

Bill_Weinreich Second Unit

Looks deadly[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Got any teeth left?
    Glad to see you get a page up.
    Bill

6. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Mike!!!! No wonder you wanted to post your pictures!! First off the whole setup is wonderful. Secondly, the Dual Tempest sub is awesome!! I will now have to call my Octosub 'The Son of a Beast!! [​IMG]
    Oh no!! I'm getting emotional again.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :b [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Good quality bass makes my emotions run wild!!

7. Kevin Beck

Kevin Beck Stunt Coordinator

Mike,..
    Looks good to me man,....I'm still strugling with finding a TV. Just when did you do the demo for the kids? I think I heard something rumbling down here at my house the other day,....[​IMG] ( inside joke, I live two hours from Mike )
    >>>--->

8. Mike Strassburg

CamS,
    Gotta love those horns! What speakers are you using?
    Martice,
    Thanks for the compliments. I was actually considering doing something like your sub, but it would have been waaay too much work. I prefer to keep it simple and spend more time enjoying the end results.
    "Good quality bass makes my emotions run wild!!"
    And if played loud/low enough it just might make your bowels run wild....aka "the brown note" [​IMG]
    Kevin,
    Where are you located? If you're ever going to be near me, let me know as I'd be glad to give you a demo.
    UPDATE: Teenager 8 houses down the block was over today and said that last week his mother "heard a thunderstorm" coming from our house! Seriously. And I'm considering building a second one. YES, I am sick.... :b

9. Mike Strassburg

I live about 1/2 way between Chicago/Milwaukee so if any members are close by and would like a demo just shoot me an e-mail...

10. Kevin Beck

Mike,..

I was just up in Grayslake for a few days. I wish I had seen your post a bit earlier. I would have made a run over there.

Almost bought a TV today,..time is drawing near. Have to run to Az. for a week, but will be back on the trail soon after. I'm ready to enjoy some movies,...

>>>-->

11. Mike Strassburg

Kevin,
    Next time you're heading up my way shoot me an e-mail so we can set something up....Mike
    P.S. Actually I probably could have cranked it up enough to be heard in Grayslake [​IMG]

12. Kevin Beck

Ha! I beleive it,...[​IMG]
    >>>--->

13. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

take off the mirrors [​IMG]
    Like the DIY work, those dual tempests could probably take a lot of cars out. I have a single tempest w/ 200 watt amp in adire alignment in my 4runner. It's caused some ear pain in the past so I'm thinking of taking it out.
    A few days ago I drove around campus with a buddy and we ran some crossover tests, thx intros, and test tones with the windows down. A majority of ppl would look and then walk normally. Only a few guys would smile and appreciate the message of loud and clean bass. [​IMG]
    Anyways the interior of your HT looks modern and the sofas look cozy. Actually that chair looks mighty comfy.

14. Mike Strassburg

So far I've got 2 votes saying remove the mirrors, but still not enough to over-ride the wife as she likes em [​IMG]
    Sofa/chair can be MIGHTY comfy, but I've been working way too much lately to enjoy either. I ref ice hockey in my free time (which lately I have NONE), but luckily the season ends in 3 weeks.
    I had considered replacing the 8" Bazooka in my car, but figure a Shiva or Tempest would over-power the rest of my system. I could you could always turn it down....NOT!!
    I should have the new CC in place this weekend as I finished painting the stand for it a few minutes ago.